Chat program, get it now

Josh

i hit the client button... it shows the leadwerks server... i click that... i dont see other players there... i type something and hit enter... i dont see my text in the textbox afterwards... then after 60 seconds or so it disconnects... running as admin...

**edit-- is there supposed to be something to let the client know he actually connected?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Sounds like it is not working for you. Is there anything funny about your configuration? Is your router blocking the program or port? If you don't specify a port, the program will try to find one, and it will probably end up being 7000.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Sounds like it is not working for you. Is there anything funny about your configuration? Is your router blocking the program or port? If you don't specify a port, the program will try to find one, and it will probably end up being 7000.

ehh... not that i know of... it asked me when i first ran the program if i wanted to unblock the program... but other than that i have no issues with xfire,teamspeak, or ventrilo... or even a chat program made using vbscript... i will try other ports... I assume you mean this is working for others?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Everyone is sleeping, I think. ;)

We tested it pretty well, and it's working great.

I'll have something 3D this week. The entity syncing will be interesting, but I am sure we can do networked physics pretty well.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If you specify a port, it attempts to use it. If no port is specified, it will try a range of ports until it finds one that works.

The server connects to a php script and database to list itself. You can get this script from the network documentation, or just use my server.

I see I see. Since you have a master server, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to implement Reverse NAT. As it is key to any network implementation and I cry with rage every time I see a game that requires ports to be opened.

Programmer, Modeller

Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.5GHz | GeForce 480 GTX | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Premium x64

Visual Studio 2008 | Photoshop CS3 | Maya 2009

server up.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"