Jumper: a quick Leadwerks 3 game

AggrorJorn

I couldn't get past 168 ..the most amusing part about that is ... I got the 168 within the first 5min ...after that I tried for 30 min but could never get past 168 laugh.png

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

i am not sure but this is not working well for me.

I can press Space as often as i want and it does not jump. Then sometimes but very rarely it jumps.

He is moving soo slow that it can´t even jump over the first gap.

When i move the window the game stops. But as soon as i release the window it runs so fast i nearly get teleported forward and i already hit shadmars highscore with this trick even when i was not even able to jump over the first gap.

Maybe the run forward script is running even when everything else get paused?

I know this is just a prototype so please don´t get it wrong please.

Edit:

just to be sure. My PC is not too slow. :)

i have a Geforce GTX 680 and the animation and everything runs smooth as it should.

The Character is just walking very slow.

When i move the window the game stops. But as soon as i release the window it runs so fast i nearly get teleported forward and i already hit shadmars highscore with this trick even when i was not even able to jump over the first gap.

Maybe the run forward script is running even when everything else get paused?

I know this is just a prototype so please don´t get it wrong please.

Edit:

just to be sure. My PC is not too slow. smile.png

i have a Geforce GTX 680 and the animation and everything runs smooth as it should.

The Character is just walking very slow.

Not at all, thank you for the feedback. The character jumps sporadicly really high for some reason. I will add some tweaks and code to see if it stabilizes.

You can debug physics by pressing P.

Since the app loop and physics updates don't necessarily line up 100%, sometimes your jumps may be skipped. I have a way to fix that though.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I have added a new executable to the first post. At my computer it is easier to get a higher highscore now.

- Since the new LE3 update animation is a lot more fluid. Also the weird jumping is no longer taking place at my computer.

- Animation blending added.

- Character sometime still has jittery movement. sad.png

Cool! :D 149.10

I think it's very nice and unexpected what people can come up with when giving them a certain set of tools. I bet even Josh feels surprised seeing what people are developing a few weeks away from releasing Leadwerks 3. I love the excitement feeling generated in the community with this new release; it feels like it's adapting nicely to the new perspectives raised. It even feels more active than with LE2 (or is it only me?)

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

Looks nice.

But i have still issues.

Jumping works without any problem (i am not @home so i can´t try it on my normal PC where i tested it before)

But the character is still running very slow so that i can not make the third jump.

//Edit: since i am back from Droidcon i tested it on my desktop PC.

It works exactly the same as on my Notebook.

I wonder why it is working for some people correctly. It can´t be from the graphiccard. My Notebook uses an AMD card where my Desktop PC uses an NVIDIA.

But i made an test and enabled the vertical synchronisation which immediately made the game playable.

So there must be an issue with the Framerate i think.

• Upvote 1