Release Notes

Josh

• 3-viewport layout changed to one on top and two on bottom.
  • Added project manager into editor. May be buggy, but let's see how it goes.

• Like 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Added optional parameter in Model::Animate that allow you to specify a bone for the animation to start at. This can be used to combine animations on the upper body with a different animation on the lower body, for example.
  • Like 4

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Added optional track argument to Model::Animation method, for playing multiple animations at once. As long as the animations don't affect the same node in the same way (translation, rotation, scale) you can have multiple animations running on one model. Each track can be thought of as a separate animation manager, with a separate stack of animations it will transition throughout.
  • Removed bone argument in Model::Animate.
  • Added Bone::Animate and Bone::StopAnimation methods.
  • Fix components not calling Start method in LoadMap function.

This video demonstrates a model with three animations being played at once, using three different tracks:

Here is the code that does this:

auto model = LoadModel(world, "Models2/Assets_-_sci_fi_scenery.glb");
    model->Animate(0, 1.0f, 250, ANIMATION_LOOP, 0, 0);// sequence 0 on track 0
    model->Animate(1, 1.0f, 250, ANIMATION_LOOP, 0, 1);// sequence 1 on track 1
    model->Animate(2, 1.0f, 250, ANIMATION_LOOP, 0, 2);// sequence 2 on track 2

In this case, the animations are all the same duration, but they don't have to be.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Base grid size changed to 0.16 like in Leadwerks, so the texture mapping and geometry can line up easily. This can be changed in the options.
  • Like 2

• Undo system almost done, now works with all editor actions except navmesh and terrain.
  • Entity component storage in map files changed.
  • Like 1

• Undo system now working with everything except environment/map properties.
  • Undo is supported for terrain painting and sculpting, because Ultra loves you and wants you to be happy.
  • Like 3

• Shader source files moved into "Source/Shaders" folder, and "Compile Shaders.bat" moved into main project folder. You may want to uninstall / reinstall the current version to purge deleted files from the template.
  • Like 3

• Removed unused Box2D library inclusion.
  • Removed Enet-based networking classes, since they are not useful for modern networking, and the Lua debugger no longer relies on this. I recommend using the Steamworks peer-to-peer system for networking.
  • Like 1

• Project manager now shows a dropdown box to select the template. The Lua project template doesn't include anything except a Lua icon, but it's there.
  • Project manager window no longer a child of the main window, so it will appear in the toolbar if the main window is hidden.
  • "Create subfolder" checkbox removed from project creation dialog because it's pointless.
  • Like 1

• Fixed editor bug where component properties were being saved with the label instead of the property name (the displayed label and internal name can be different).
  • Updated C++ library with numerous fixes, see my recent comments in the bug reports forum.
  • Like 1

• Fixed some annoying rendering glitches in the editor that were appearing upon first viewport render, and when the window is resized (other viewort grids appearing, text labels disappearing or appearing twice, etc.)
  • Like 2

• Simultaneous physics updates in multiple worlds should work now.
  • Fixed sprite vertical text alignment, fixes GUI drawing problems.
  • Sprite and GUI text will appear sharper now.
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

• Eliminated flickering text in GUI rendered with Vulkan.
  • Interfaces rendered with Vulkan will be much snappier now due to elimination of redundant GUI rebuilds.

• Josh unlocked this topic
  • Josh locked this topic