Question on lighting

Alienhead

Hello,  for a couple days now I've been noticing this weird lighting effect - it's not happening editor side, which is usuall, but it happens game side.   I get very darastic lighting changes - almost night to day changes, just by rotating my camera around.

Here's a video -

Any idea what could be casuing this ??  skybox materials have no shadow casting on.

Hmmmm, I have not seen this before. Is the camera parented to another entity? Maybe that could be causing something weird in the camera projection matrix?

If you would like to upload a sample that produces this error I will look at it.

Very nice character animation / movement BTW.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Is the camera a child of the player? Make sure the camera is updating it's position and rotation in the player's UpdateMatrix/UpdateWorld functions respectfully. 

Having the camera be a child of something causes weird things to happen.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

That's kind of strange. You would think it would mostly point straight forward? Maybe you should post a screenshot of the normal map here? It sounds like maybe it is not using the correct axes or something?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.