LE3 Can't make up my mind

tjheldna

There's actually a NetworkDriver class in the engine, and an implementation using ENet (ENetNetworkDriver). It's almost exactly like the LE2 networking commands. It's actually what the interpreter uses to communicate with the debugger. But it's not documented because I think network support needs to be more fully featured.

For shadows,

Will it be fallback system ?

I mean the PC hardware or mobile device don't support it , so it just don't call sahdows functions ? So no shadows.

I mean some auto detection ?

Will it be some parameters like :

shadows resolution ?

shadows LOD for models (distance where the shadow should appear) ?

(Some games like SKyrim have some sort of Z buffer to display shadows, we see them appearing and only displayign until some fixed distance)

Stop toying and make games

I think people targettng mobile can go for LE 3 , mobile should remain priority, it will allow lot of people to publish on android.

Publish a PC game is lot more complicated, so less LE 3 games we could see this year or none at all.

When we hape PC and Aandroid i hope the upgrade is a upgrade for all buyed products ? or per product ?

I have already spend 300$, i found there are better options and cheaper, and great coming ones (Shiva 2) for lot more cheaper.

I will not spend money for stuff that should already be in like some advanced graphic effects or terrain tools, gui editor, particle editor etc ...

We canfind that in other packages, why should i pay more to have the same ?

IF i should pay even 100$ fro some update , it would reach 400$.

For that price i could go for Unity Android Free (i just tried some of their games made with free version on my Android, it's top notch)

Unity is a team behind, the editor is uper complete, prooven, and make really fast optimized games.

i tried C#, it's so easy , even the setup of Mono was transparent.

I could go for Shiva or go for the incoming Shiva 2 that will have all grahic eye candy stuff and all platforms and mobiles publishing for one price only.

I really don't know how things will turn, but im' not sure of putting more money on Leadwerks 3.

And actual Beta people that baught it should really be considered as some Crow Funders that helped LE 3 to grow and deserve free updates for standard stuff.

300$ for Android, as i didn't want to use BPS, i find that very hight for the basic stuff we have.

For me pay un upgrade would have lot more sense for new additionnal features such

new motion system

new physic system or editor

new AI editor or system

etc ...

And not for trivial terrain or today graphic features and GUI editor, partcile editor and terrain tools.

Let's see how things will turn ?

Because i won't need mega graphic stuff for mobile and i will not use terrain on mobile , i think i will be able to stay without nay upgrade.

Stop toying and make games

Why is the high end rendering effects getting shifted to OpenGL 4 only ? Older cards whose driver only support up to OpenGL 2.x to 3.x

will not be able to take advantage of the dynamic lighting and other shader based effects that are present in LE 2.5

Secondly completely level editing from within perspective mode would be a very helpful feature.

Well ...it has OpenGL2.1(PC/Mac) ..and OpenGL ES2.0(mobile) at the moment ...plus later (if Josh follows through) OpenGL4 ...I figure that should be enough ...OpenGL2.1 has decent effects ...a lot of stuff can be done with 2.1 ...just not as much as 4.0,4.1,4.2, and 4.3 (Josh will probably go with 4.0 or 4.1 or 4.2 in my opinion most newer cards can run 4.2 now...

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Well ...it has OpenGL2.1(PC/Mac) ..and OpenGL ES2.0(mobile) at the moment ...plus later (if Josh follows through) OpenGL4 ...I figure that should be enough ...OpenGL2.1 has decent effects ...a lot of stuff can be done with 2.1 ...just not as much as 4.0,4.1,4.2, and 4.3 (Josh will probably go with 4.0 or 4.1 or 4.2 in my opinion most newer cards can run 4.2 now...

The shaders for OpenGL 2.1 already exists as they have already been written by Mr. for Leadwerks 2.5. Then why not include them in Leadwerks 3 engine ? The engine can automatically switch to those shaders if it founds that the host machine's video card

does not support OpenGL 4.x ?

Secondly, there is no way we can create our level in perspective mode in the editor and nor can we place lights. Doing everything in perspective mode gives the user more lucid way designing our levels since our brain is accustomed to such a view in real life.

Macs support up to OpenGL 3.2 (even if the hardware technically can handle OpenGL 4) so the renderer will basically be OpenGL 3.2 with hardware tessellation if it is available (GL 4 only).

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.