Will Ultraengine have material sound?

Vida Marcell

I recommend checking the material file path for terms like "wood", "metal", "dirt", etc. and choosing a sound based on that. That will take care of most of your materials automatically without having to adjust every single material.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I recommend checking the material file path for terms like "wood", "metal", "dirt", etc. and choosing a sound based on that. That will take care of most of your materials automatically without having to adjust every single material.

Sorry Josh, but what do you mean, so Ultra will have pre-made material sound? like in source engine like: ?

$surfaceprop

1 hour ago, Josh said:

No, because every single time you add a new sound effect you'll have to go back and change all your material files.

Can we have something to allow us to open the material file without reloading it? Can the material asset store the json class? This way, we can put any additional values we want and have our code do the rest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

13 hours ago, Vida Marcell said:

I never understood why it takes so much time to make a game engine. Now i know why, after seeing all the post about Josh trying to solve a problem, i admit that it not just about making shaders to make the render look good. Respect Josh.

People overestimate what shaders alone are capable of. Often it is preparing the data that is the harder step.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What stands out is that Josh makes the engine by himself, that's admirable, the real drawback as for anything in life is to get the project off the ground and make it run smoothly as a gear. 

So the best way is to build a huge wall out of blocks, I'm still learning that one.