le 2 future?

cassius

hold on to it if i was you... sounds like LE3 graphic wise will be ****e mobile graphics for any foreseeable future, and no terrains which means no vegetation, which seems strange since newton was forced upon everyone because of the vegetation requirement...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I guess I would ask you do you know where LE 1 is right now? Probably not right? Even 2.0 because didn't we pay for an 2.x upgrade? Then it would stand to reason that LE 2.x would take on the same fate once LE 3 is out. He's running a 1 man show with an intern. He can't possibly keep up with 2 completely different version at the same time himself.

Of course he's said nothing of this, but come on. LE 3 will have bugs when it's first released. He has many more gameplay features that are newer and will need working out and fixing. I can't see him supporting LE 2.x worth anything really. All this LE 3 work will take year/years to iron out all the kinks and I'm sure he would rather he spend time on the new stuff.

Will there be terrain eventualy?

I certainly intend to hold on to le 2

It took some time and many updates before le 2 was complete is this likely to happen with le 3 to the same extent?

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I know that le 3 is being aimed at many platforms some of which have **** graphics but if le 2 quality is not an option it will be a pity.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

At some point, all the graphical capabilities of LE2 and more will be rolled into Leadwerks3D. It takes a lot of time to make a visual game editor. And there will be two interns as of June 1. :

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

He has many more gameplay features that are newer and will need working out and fixing. I can't see him supporting LE 2.x worth anything really. All this LE 3 work will take year/years to iron out all the kinks and I'm sure he would rather he spend time on the new stuff.

These so called new gamplay features that we haven't really heard anything about....

What are they? Most of what we've seen so far is.... 1. mobile platform 2. Fancy Editor 3. CSG editor. Tho I don't really have a problem with those in particular they don't have anything to do with game play. What are these hidden "new gameplay features"?

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

These so called new gamplay features that we haven't really heard anything about....

What are they? Most of what we've seen so far is.... 1. mobile platform 2. Fancy Editor 3. CSG editor. Tho I don't really have a problem with those in particular they don't have anything to do with game play. What are these hidden "new gameplay features"?

Dynamic navmesh pathfinding, multiple scripts attached to any entity, and "Synapse" the visual logic editor. This creates a framework for game interactions that is very easy to make plug and play components for.

You can conceivably make a game with this, with no programming at all, but it doesn't retard the capabilities of what a good coder can do with it. I wouldn't have been happy making a fenced-in game maker type thing.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Dynamic navmesh pathfinding, multiple scripts attached to any entity, and "Synapse" the visual logic editor. This creates a framework for game interactions that is very easy to make plug and play components for.

You can conceivably make a game with this, with no programming at all, but it doesn't retard the capabilities of what a good coder can do with it. I wouldn't have been happy making a fenced-in game maker type thing.

Thanks, for some reason I forgot about the pathfinding.

Concerning Synapse... So far it sounds a bit like Unreal Kismet?

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

At some point, all the graphical capabilities of LE2 and more will be rolled into Leadwerks3D. It takes a lot of time to make a visual game editor. And there will be two interns as of June 1. :

Any time frame for that point?

AV MX Linux

I don't see it taking years to make. Josh could just port LE2 renderer over...maybe a couple months...but I know nothing about this.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

I think you, or whoever first mentioned the idea of porting LE2 renderer, sparked an idea in Josh and I wouldn't be shocked if he made the wrapper himself to give people this functionality on launch now. It's a good idea to satisfy most people if it works.