NavMesh generation problems

Please confirm that the objects have navmesh inclusion set (I forget what the option is called but you can have the navmesh either include or exclude per item). And I assume you didn't raise the terrain after you generated the navmesh. If so, you'd need to regenerate it, I believe.

And I assume you didn't raise the terrain after you generated the navmesh. If so, you'd need to regenerate it, I believe.

No i regenerated the navmesh several times without touching the terrain that is test terrain no real level work.

About BSP the main big ones are static and have Nav obstacle "on".

What is suprising is deleting the terrain we see the navmesh is broken also ( image below ) .

In fact i have a very large cylinder BSP under all the terrain, but the navmesh should consider the maximum height could it be terain or BSP, perhaps this could caus Navmesh generation problem on terrain hills ?

I added the simple map, so you can test the navmesh build.

navmesh.zip

post-3271-0-35031000-1407964435_thumb.jpg

Stop toying and make games

I can confirm that this is some sort of bug. I just tested the map and got the same results. Navmesh isn't covering the csg boxes and it isn't following the terrain.

theres been a navmesh bug since june at least on the standalone version of le3.2.The navmesh will not cover the whole terrain.

This was fixed. -

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/10033-nav-mesh-isnt-big-enough/

• Upvote 1

The problem shown in yougroove's map is due to the worldsize set in the scene's Root property. If you change the worldsize to 1024 and rebuild the navmesh, then it properly covers the csg and terrain. This is definitely a bug unless it was intentional for navmesh generation to only be applied to worldsizes of 1024 (which I cannot imagine is the case).

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

This is definitely a bug unless it was intentional for navmesh generation to only be applied to worldsizes of 1024 (which I cannot imagine is the case).

Yes, i deleted the first terrain of size 256*256 , and made one of 128*128 as i needed terrain smaller to cover a cylinder BPS under it.

So it seems a bug if Navmesh don't take account of terrain changes.

Stop toying and make games

Yes, i deleted the first terrain of size 256*256 , and made one of 128*128 as i needed terrain smaller to cover a cylinder BPS under it.

So it seems a bug if Navmesh don't take account of terrain changes.

The navmesh isn't dynamic. If you change something that needs to be reflected in the navmesh, then you have to rebuild it. But the problem isn't the terrain size, its the world size. In LE2, the world size set the physics boundaries. In LE3, it appears to be also used in calculating the navmesh boundaries, except for some reason it fails to properly create the navmesh when the world size is larger than 1024.

It looks like the problem is related to the original bug that was thought to be fixed:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/10033-nav-mesh-isnt-big-enough/

macklebee's channel

Yep, looks right when I change the world size to 1024. So something is amiss in the code there. In fact, this doesn't even have anything to do with terrain, it just fails in general if you change the world size from the default, with or without terrain in the scene.

post-1-0-30845400-1408406732_thumb.jpg

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yep, looks right when I change the world size to 1024. So something is amiss in the code there. In fact, this doesn't even have anything to do with terrain, it just fails in general if you change the world size from the default, with or without terrain in the scene.

Yep. Just having one CSG box in the scene with a world size greater than 1024 will prevent the navmesh from being built.

macklebee's channel

It looks like the navmesh is generating, but the height is sort of disregarded. Weird. It's not just the visual mesh, the AI navigation also does not work unless objects are placed flat along the y position zero.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.