Can't access programming forums

Guest Dud

Hi,

I've just registered in the forums and have logged in but still don't seem to be able to access the programming forums - I get a permission denied message. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Dud

They are only available to registered SDK owners... if you are a registered SDK owner, then see this post.

The only forums open to the public are General Discussion, Showcase, and 3DWS.

That's awful - you mean I have to shell out $200 before I can browse the forums? No thanks. One lost customer. Bye

The private programming forums ensure that the registered developers can have privacy, can post files freely, and get the best attention from support. If you have any specific questions you can ask them in the public forum here.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The private programming forums ensure that the registered developers can have privacy, can post files freely, and get the best attention from support. If you have any specific questions you can ask them in the public forum here.

It just seems little arcane. I'd like to be able to browse the forums (read-only of course) to get an idea of peoples problems and solutions using things like the LUA editor. It helps you to get a good grasp of the community and the engine in general - that's got to be better than posting loads of questions that may have been answered before. I don't see why having just read-only access to forums would affect your registered developers but it would allow potential new developers to gain better understanding. Sure there are tutorials but nothing is as up to date as recent forum posts.

that's got to be better than posting loads of questions that may have been answered before

Then the answers already there and it needs not repeating. But new questions always arise :(

I don't see why having just read-only access to forums would affect your registered developers

It would allow our time and effort to be used by those who decided to go "another" route to "procure" a copy of the SDK...

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Then the answers already there and it needs not repeating. But new questions always arise :(

Yes but I can't see the answers because they are in a locked forum!

Yes but I can't see the answers because they are in a locked forum!

how would you know the answers you seek are there? the forums locked :(

So far you have not asked any questions.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

This may seem arcane but it is for the reasons given. Most generalised questions are posted in the General Forum which is open to the general public and as such you are free to search this and ask any questions. They will be answered by either by Leadwerks or the community at large.

I think you will find the majority of us very honest in our answers. There is nothing to be gained by the community pushing potential buyers into a product that is unsuitable for them and we would not do so. So feel free to ask.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

This may seem arcane but it is for the reasons given. Most generalised questions are posted in the General Forum which is open to the general public and as such you are free to search this and ask any questions. They will be answered by either by Leadwerks or the community at large.

I think you will find the majority of us very honest in our answers. There is nothing to be gained by the community pushing potential buyers into a product that is unsuitable for them and we would not do so. So feel free to ask.

Well it seems silly but ok.

I have one or two Lua questions so I'll get my listings together and post away in the General forum. I'll leave it up to the forum administrators to decide if they are worth moving to the proper Lua forum later for the benefit of other users.

listings?

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Yes code listings

why? what exactly do you want people to do with them?

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Umm, your not a lost customer if you had no intentions of buying the engine SDK anyways. lol

oh good grief. All I was trying to say is that if a *potential* customer can't even access the forums to see what sort of things are being discussed then that could put them off from purchasing the software. They may not have specific questions but its just handy to see the types of issues people are having and whats being discussed.

No other forum I know (like Unity, UDK, etc etc ) locks people out.

But no matter, from this brief conversation it's pretty clear this is not the place for me. UDK is the engine I have now chosen.

oh good grief. All I was trying to say is that if a *potential* customer

To be honest you have yet to ask a Q that a *potential* customer might ask.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Dud: what the hell are you trying to get ? when you have questions, you can ask HERE.

http://www.leadwerks.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page this clearly shows command list.

You can see images in galery. Lot's of videos on youtube from new very good editor.

"That's awful - you mean I have to shell out $200 before I can browse the forums? No thanks. One lost customer. Bye "

Looks like, you have LE ilegally and don't want pay for forum access (which is funny, 200$ is for engine). Normal clever person see possibilities of engine and if It's something not clear, he can ASK.

-= Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz - ATI HD5870 - 6 GB DDR3 RAM - Windows 8 Pro 64x=-

No other forum I know (like Unity, UDK, etc etc ) locks people out.

Two things, why would engines that are free do that? and maybe those that are not free should? :P

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Two things, why would engines that are free do that? and maybe those that are not free should? :P

C4 engine. Not free. Forums are open. I was able to garner loads of info about the engine without bombarding people with questions.

Usually when people ask questions that have been answered before they get told to search the forums. You can't do that here.

That's all

i do know there part of c4 is locked and you can not get to unless you buy the engine

and there dont show any source of the c4 code

when in the LE programming section it has some of the source code showing which should not get out

you have a section on here you can ask question you have wiki for some of your answer

if you got to a lot of engine out there (not free) you find a good part of the forum is locked to you

But as you have desided on using UDK then have fun just dont try selling your game as they want a good part of your money

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

Usually when people ask questions that have been answered before they get told to search the forums

Well you might on those forums, but here you'd get an answer, as you can't search all the forums. But the forums that you can't search are generally tech support and code, not required if you are not a registered SDK owner.

but again you have yet to ask a Q that a *potential* customer might ask. or any Q for that matter, only why are the forums locked.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Looks like, you have LE ilegally and don't want pay for forum access

I was trying to think of a way to put that a bit more diplomatically. At the end of the day, most things you could ever want to see about the engine should be in the evaluation kit (Which is admittedly, only version 2.22, and so a little out of date by now) or if not, info will be in the wiki. That in itself should give people enough of an idea of what the engine can do.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)