Release Notes

Josh

• Added support in Quake Loader plugin to load BSP files as models. Texture coordinates are a little off, but everything else works correctly. Textures get read out of the BSP and applied to the loaded model.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• AddMod(const WString& path) function does what you think it does.
  • AddIOSystem is a more advanced option that lets you add your own file system manager, like for FTP access or something else.
  • Editor can now load non-Ultra directories and correctly view models and stuff, and the missing shaders will be loaded from an alternative path, using the aforementioned feature.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Fixed loading issues with some glTF models.
  • Added some missing shader combos.
  • Navigation in asset editor is smoother now when animation is playing.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Comboboxes now work in 3D GUIs
  • Animation in asset editor now pauses when menu is open
  • Added stop animation button, button icons are smaller now
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eliminated interface / widget circular reference that was keeping unused interface objects in memory.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Custom converters are now supported! Leadwerks used hard-coded converters, but in Ultra you can add your own with a script. See "Scripts\Start\Converters" for details.
  • FBX and Collada glTF converters included.
  • Thanks 1

• When async rendering is disabled, animation changes will now occur in the same frame, fixes the one-frame lag that was in animation in model editor.
  • Added View > Show Skeleton menu item in asset editor when viewing models.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• New channel added. Uninstall 1.0.2, then switch to 1.0.3 and install to use.
  • Editor now available, includes everything except the actual scene editing and flowgraph. I believe everything else is finished.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Scene browser search bar now works! Use this to filter all the objects in a map. This is something I wanted in Leadwerks, but never did.
  • Asset editor animation panel / status bar / progress bar consolidated into a single panel that changes based on program state.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Some adjustments to the multi-select list view that appears when the scene browser search is used.
  • Removed 'Browse..." item from collider drop-down list in asset editor.
  • Added "Load Collider" menu item to asset editor, which can load a collider file or a model. If a model is loaded it will be turned into a mesh collider with face optimization enabled.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Texture view zooming implemented in asset editor window.
  • Comboboxes now expand the width of the dropdown window if an item text is too wide.
  • Single viewport view now shows the active viewport, or if the F11 key is used and the mouse is hovered over another viewport, it will be used.
  • More fixes to Leadwerks .phy collider loader.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• You can now drag models from the asset browser into any viewport to create an instance of the model in the scene.
  • Initial implementation of object translation when selected.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Grab and drag in the 2D viewports. This works differently from Leadwerks, in that no widget is shown, you just click on an object and start dragging it.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• More adjustments to the translate mouse tool.
  • Option in the viewport settings to control how the viewport rendering updates during mouse dragging
  • Thanks 1

• Spent the whole day just trying to make the viewports snappier, with good results. Enable the "Render during drag" setting in options to enable viewport updating during drag operations.
  • Thanks 1

• Josh unlocked this topic
  • Josh locked this topic