3DWS To Unity 3D

Nomadsoul

Hi

I'm using 3D World Studio to create maps for the Unity 3D game engine.

I exported my map as .x format then imported into Ultimate Unwrap 3D then exported as .fbx then imported into Unity. This works well and the map imports with all the textures.

The only problem is I want to import the lightmap from 3DWS into Unity but the only formats that seem to export the lightmap are .b3d and .dbo which I cannot convert to .fbx.

Does anyone know how to export a 3DWS map with the lightmap and covert this into something I can import into Unity 3D so the lightmap is used?

Thanks

The .X file format doesn't support multiple texture coordinate sets, so this can't be done. If any software can convert to a format you need, it's Unwrap3D, but I don't know if there's anything out there to use.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thanks All

@macklebee

I didn't realise there were additional plugins for UU3D!

I exported the map as .b3d with the lightmap and imported this into UU3D with the plugin then exported as .fbx into Unity and everything worked out great. All I had to do was change the material shaders to Legacy > Lightmapped so the 3DWS lightmap gets used in Unity.

BTW when I tried doing this with .dbo it didn't import well into UU3D so .b3d is the way to go for Unity.

• 2 months later...

I am also use 3D World Studio and Unity3D. From 3D World Studio export in .X

After open in Deep Exploration, save in .3ds

Open .3ds in Autodesk 3d Max and use Attach List save .3ds or .fbx

Open model in Unity3D

Thanks for idea with Unwrap3D. Is it support function Attach List or not?

Good Day

May I take quastions about 3d World Studio 5.52 and 5.6. I found some bugs.

Bug Reports is Protectef forum. I can not see and create topic. Why?

First bug when rotating vertex take bedly position in the outside grid.

I make video and publish in youtube

Second bug when create myself texture in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\3D World Studio\Materials\

create folder for example "TextureNy" and copy texture .png file or .jpg

transperent sometimes take mistake in programs. In vesrion 5.56 also. When I create new texture in program and use for model after Saving program take error and reboot.

can you help me? Who see this bugs?

• 2 weeks later...

Second bug when create myself texture in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\3D World Studio\Materials\

create folder for example "TextureNy" and copy texture .png file or .jpg

transperent sometimes take mistake in programs. In vesrion 5.56 also. When I create new texture in program and use for model after Saving program take error and reboot.

I have had problems with new textures or new meshes added to the folders of 3D World Studio when it was installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Sometimes it was impossible to find the texture or the mesh and the program sometimes crashed.

So i have uninstalled 3D World Studio from this directory and reinstalled it in a custom directory C:/Progs and know all is well.

Maybe you could try that.

Also about the problem you show in your video, i am not sure if i understand your explanations but you can change the grid size with some keys or in the menu so that you can move the whole mesh where you want without having to move individual vertices.

Hope that helps.