LE3 Release date when..?

Guest Red Ocktober

@Xaron...

last unverifiable fact from the rumor mill has it that you and Sung are working on a submarine sim/game for mobile...

can you give us any verification/insight on this...

thx...

--Mike

Guest Red Ocktober

cool... looking forward to seeing it come to life...

thx for the info...

--Mike

Josh if I can afford to upgrade to LE3 you will have two customers. Any idea on how much it will cost to upgrade from LE2?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

You can trust Josh that the price will be right, not too cheap, not too expensive, but well thought about. Since the world is not in absolute communism yet, we people need money to buy food and to pay for electricity, networks, hardware, backups, even if we provide a free service.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Agreed. But if he prices it like Unity Pro I'm outta here...

..well..Xaron pointed out that income he make is 1000$ a month, so having said that, it seems to me that unlimited products pro version, cost 1500$ is not much to deal with, since business model is just that good, as it was said, and tools purchase is done once time only, soo..thats good?

NA, making $1k per month is not that usual. So far I have 3 games in the markets (all Android, iPhone and WP7) and only one makes money. Interesting enough I make about $300 per month with ads alone (for the free version).

Don't get me wrong, I would not buy LE3 for the price of Unity.

Triassic Games

Unity costs actually $5000, if you want all features enabled, so that it matches the features of LE3:

Unity Pro = $1500

+Unity Android Pro = $1500

+Unity iOS Pro = $1500

+Git addon for Editor = $500

Total = $5000

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

NA, making $1k per month is not that usual. So far I have 3 games in the markets (all Android, iPhone and WP7) and only one makes money. Interesting enough I make about $300 per month with ads alone (for the free version).

Don't get me wrong, I would not buy Leadwerks3D for the price of Unity.

Fortunately we don't have investment bankers breathing down our necks, so we won't ever have to charge that much.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Fortunately we don't have investment bankers breathing down our necks, so we won't ever have to charge that much.

cool... so $5 it is for the upgrade... the check is in the mail... you heard it here first folks... $5.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Guest Red Ocktober

LOL @ Mack :)

well, whatever you decide the license should cost... and whatever type of licensing you decide on (single, per platform, etc), i think that you should include a provision that allocates some sorta royalty amount to Leadwerks after say 1000 commercial sales... or that the license will have to be upgraded to a higher cost full commercial or professional license after 1000 sales...

(i use a thousand sales instead of 10000 because i anticipate that the initial licensing costs will be a lot lower than other licenses, and also due to the indie nature of the ptential customer base)...

just a thought on the subject of licensing costs... and keeping Leadwerks alive with incentive to continue innovating...

--Mike

I like that. But make it so if the upgraded license is $1000 then make it 2000 sales. So if you sell 2000 copies of games at $0.99 you made enough money to cover the cost of upgrading. I wish the free Unity had all the feature that pro has (minus a couple) but you could only make, say, $2000 with the free version before you upgrade. That way both parties win.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

I think the current leadwerks pricing and licencing policy is better than most already. Free small updates and payment for new feature updates will probably bring in more cash than waiting and hoping someone will produce a game that sells well.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I think the current leadwerks pricing and licencing policy is better than most already. Free small updates and payment for new feature updates will probably bring in more cash than waiting and hoping someone will produce a game that sells well.

And you're setting up terms that are less favorable to them, if they do expect to do well.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Guest Red Ocktober
And you're setting up terms that are less favorable to them, if they do expect to do well.

i don't see how...

i'm merely suggesting options that'll provide terms that'll unarguably be more favorable to them at a stage where they are guaranteed not to be doing anything (financially)...

if they become successful, then they'll have long gone past the point where a more pricey license would be objectionable...

Its seems a bit odd to me when the potential customers start telling the vendor how much to charge for their product.

again... just making suggestions... not assuming to tell the head man what he should do or how much he should charge... i'm sure he's gonna do what he thinks best... but eventually, it is the potential customer that determines the price they're willing to pay for a product... they "tell" this to the seller either by licensing the product, or not licensing it...

--Mike

Don't get me wrong, I would not buy Leadwerks3D for the price of Unity.

..what I was saying in my post is that, many people claiming that 'money is there (mobiles)', and for that reason demanding Leadwerks3D at initial form, to go for mobiles (what Josh doing),and at same time, as I can see, not many folks does polishing their skills necessary to get that money, but instead, hoping in to Leadwerks3D magic tools, what will make all difference..thats the spot from where coming question, why Leadwerks3D didnt came in its shine and polished form for PC, what eventually gives good head start considering powerful renderer...whole thing is, if you have polished skillset, then, you will eventually make money, on either platforms, PC or Mobiles..so, since 'money is there' and Leadwerks3D comming right there, then i found rather bizarre that people complaining about eventual price tag, with such flexible license, what basically means, pay once and earn much as you can with it..well..money is out there..in fact, yes, it is..

• Upvote 2

i'm merely suggesting options that'll provide terms that'll unarguably be more favorable to them at a stage where they are guaranteed not to be doing anything (financially)...

Ah, I see what you meant.

Don't worry about offending me, I like to entertain all manner of suggestions. Doesn't mean I'll do it, but I like to know what people think.

• Upvote 1

I never thought about it, but you can even do insane things like plug other engines into Leadwerks3D. For example, you could make a Blitz3DSDK-based renderer for it! ohmy.png

Interesting discussion, does this mean for example that you could use the pathfinding and dynamic navmesh generation of Leadwerks3D in another engine?

Interesting discussion, does this mean for example that you could use the pathfinding and dynamic navmesh generation of Leadwerks3D in another engine?

You could do that with any engine, couldn't you? Well, if it had an API design, which I guess isn't that common.