LE3 Release date when..?

If LE2 suits you just fine by all means use it. I will still use Win7 even when Win8 comes out, not because Win8 is bad, but because Win7 suits me more because I don't have a touch screen.

I just felt that you guys were bashing the LE3. Calling it a step backward. However if using a mobile renderer for the first few months means way better scaleability and a better product down the road, I call it a step forward. When I say everyone, I mean the majority.

This argument/discussion has gone on way to long. If you don't want to use it because LE2 works better, fine, that's good. But I have a problem with actually bashing it.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

jeebus fanboy... calm down... as actual users and owners of LE2 we have the right to voice our opinions on LE3 development... and i would venture to say more than you who is still relatively new here due to the fact we have invested alot more time, effort, money, etc into LE as a product and as a community.

• Upvote 3

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I just felt that you guys were bashing the LE3. Calling it a step backward

Its not bashing, some (pc user - as well as me ;) ) are just a little up set that LE3D doesnt have AAA graphics from start on. The problem is that today everyone develops for mobil device or console but the pc makes the games market.

Think about Dune2, Warcraft 1 + 2, Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein etc., i think the problem now is - Leadwerks was made for the pc and now that "it's" "big" we have to wait for an pc adaption like the today console games (assassin creed, gta4 etc etc).

Its just a feeling or fear in the people to be forgotten. (my opinion)

The first version of LE3 is not the first version of LE3. It's just an alpha. Case closed :) If you don't want to try out the alpha, you just wait until it's done.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

No, I meant what I said, in human language the same terms can have multiple meanings smile.png Well, actually in C++ too, if you use overloaded methods.

I made a comparison chart, how I believe LE3 will be. This is just pure speculation, as I don't have any official info:

post-2-0-07082300-1337883765.png

The 0.5 values just mean that it's not a full point, because not everyone values that feature as much as those full point features, or that the feature is not fully implemented. So the comparison is a bit weighted to give more accurate results. And I left out all features where all engine versions had 1 point, because it doesn't add to the difference.

Your chart is very subjective....

iPhone and iPad use the iOS so there is no difference.

*edit*

You clearly haven't seen his other charts. Honestly, that chart is an improvement for him. sad.png

I read this forum a while, i know some of his facts, opinions and charts :)

Sometimes me thinks these threads just end up going from the sublime to the ridiculous rolleyes.gif 0.6 for Android in the alpha release based on pure speculation, this is fascinating stuff ... any more fuel for the speculation fire anyone biggrin.png

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

@Furbolg: Not true, iPhone and iPad are completely different architectures. That has been always a big minus for Apple, while Android is the same on Android Phone and Android Pad. Except that the Pad uses Android 3.0 which has no phone features, and Phones use Android 2 or 4, but not 3.

Sometimes me thinks these threads just end up going from the sublime to the ridiculous rolleyes.gif 0.6 for Android in the alpha release based on pure speculation, this is fascinating stuff ... any more fuel for the speculation fire anyone biggrin.png

I knew someone would complain about the +0.1 point for Android vs iPhone/iPad, even I made it purposely a very small difference. The fact is that Android is free, and Apple is a money leecher company. That should actually give 2 points for Android over Apple, but then the chart would be more subjective, because some people don't see the value of money smile.png

Your chart is very subjective....

iPhone and iPad use the iOS so there is no difference.

You clearly haven't seen his other charts. Honestly, that chart is an improvement for him. :)

So now I am a fanboy for defending my opinion. Whatever.

No, you're a fanboy because apparently we're not entitled to a differing opinion than your own.

If you don't want to use it because LE2 works better, fine, that's good. But I have a problem with actually bashing it.

• Upvote 2

There are three types of people in this world. People who make things happen. People who watch things happen. People who ask, "What happened?"

Let's make things happen.

No I have no problem with your opinions. They are valid points. And my opinion is that you are being to critical, to the point of bashing it. That's how I feel. I am entitled to an opinion am I not?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

You clearly haven't seen his other charts. Honestly, that chart is an improvement for him. sad.png

Thanks, I know that my earlier 3D engine comparison chart lacked of weighted points, so I used them in this chart now smile.png

Making charts is actually quite complex, because not everything is 100% clear, and you have to follow a majority opinion to give values to features.

@Furbolg: Not true, iPhone and iPad are completely different architectures. That has been always a big minus for Apple, while Android is the same on Android Phone and Android Pad. Except that the Pad uses Android 3.0 which has no phone features, and Phones use Android 2 or 4, but not 3.

I got a iPhone and i know that iPad and iPhone have no difference in software. The only difference is the bigger display, they even use the same SoC (arm a9 i think).

Good point, I think when an engine runs on iPhone, it's only a minor change to make it run on iPad also. So I will combine the iPhone/iPad point as one 0.5 point. That still makes LE3 alpha better than LE2 according to public opinion.

@Metatron - I can say with 100% certainty that you have no idea what you are talking about. I work for Apple and my job is iPhone and iPad. I can assure you they are the same architecture.

Differing opinions, but knowing Mumbles, she's a hardcore Debian fan (just like me), so the 3-1 opinion still stands that iPhone/iPad should count as only one feature in the comparison.

No I have no problem with your opinions. They are valid points. And my opinion is that you are being to critical, to the point of bashing it. That's how I feel. I am entitled to an opinion am I not?

You are certainly entitled to the opinion that people bashing the engine. You however are not entitled to tell them to stop.

There are three types of people in this world. People who make things happen. People who watch things happen. People who ask, "What happened?"

Let's make things happen.

knowing Mumbles, she's a hardcore Debian fan (just like me)

not enough to use the testing build. As you know, Debian users on the stable build are few and far between, but I might have to get razor qt manually because that's a while off going stable, but upgrading from KDE 3 to KDE 4 was the biggest mistake ever.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)