Importing models?

BES

I haven't been using Leadwerks Engine because I cant import anything into the program not even into 3D World Studio ...

I used the model converter but the programs still don't see the models....

I use 3Ds Max,Zbrush and Photoshop to make the models....

What am I missing here? .. the import options seem extremely limited..

I am not a programmer ..I can do simple script editing .. I just wanted to make a nice scene in the Engine first and work from there...

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

what formats are you trying to convert from? fbx? obj? x?... the tools folder has converters for all of those... just drop the model onto the appropriate converter and it will convert to gmf. also, the downloads section has Arbuz's 3dsmax exporter which is supposed to be quite nice. also remember that you need a material file for every texture used on your model and the textures need to be DDS.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

what formats are you trying to convert from? fbx? obj? x?... the tools folder has converters for all of those... just drop the model onto the appropriate converter and it will convert to gmf. also, the downloads section has Arbuz's 3dsmax exporter which is supposed to be quite nice. also remember that you need a material file for every texture used on your model and the textures need to be DDS.

Thanks for the help, I got it ... as you know it was a size problem ....an error on my part ( need glasses I guess ) ...

Also I will take your suggestion into consideration Metatron ..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

The solution is quite simple: every artist or programmer needs UU3D. If you don't have it, you can forget about game development.

This isn't true.... I used to use leadwerks and unity for a long time before getting UU3D. Sure, it helps. But it's certainly not a necessity.

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

Yeah, you can walk also 1000km, but using a car it's just faster and easier.

And if you're a Indie/Entrepreneur like me, each hour costs 100€, no matter what you do.

It's 100€ per hour when you charge customers, and if you have no project you just lose the 100€ per hour.

So your "cheap" walk can get quite expensive.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Unwrap3D is not required, and I'm sorry you were given that advice. However, if you want to buy it I would encourage you to either contact Brad Bolthouse, or see if you can work something out through an intermediary.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Unwrap3D is not required, and I'm sorry you were given that advice. However, if you want to buy it I would encourage you to either contact Brad Bolthouse, or see if you can work something out through an intermediary.

Ok i'm sorry and I appologize for my selection of words, didn't want to sound so harsh.. but it's a thing of frustration for me, and people here are really rubbing it to my face :D

I have tried to buy UU3D numerous times (over the span 12+ months) , the payment went through - my funds were withdrawn (he was using paypal, why wouldn't it accept orders?), and I received a refund a couple of days later .. now the buy page isn't even working (maybe he blocked whole IP ranges?).. I emailed Brad many times (10+), got no answer whatsoever... tried to ask somebody in the US to buy it for me, but people are too untrusting and i'm not even sure if this is legal or allowed by Brad..

Well, according to Brad, they do not sell to individuals in countries with a high risk of fraud, and they have always had this policy. I don't think it's anything against you in particular.

http://www.onlinefraudguide.com/risk-countries-fraud

I wouldn't do this myself, but it's their decision to make who they want to sell to. Maybe they've had a lot of problems in the past, and just don't want to deal with the risk.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

He could have at least replied ... but anyway i'm not from any high risk country (i'm from slovenia for christ sake, we're small and harmless..), and even if i was, it would still be discrimination. Everyone has the same options, regardless where they are from, they can pirate software or they can buy it, I choose to buy it, again and again, I won't choose to pirate it even if it's the only option I have... I agree it's his decision, but I think it's a poor one to make (not from financial view, but from moral..) .. Thank you for your effort to try and help me, you're a good guy..

Hi paramecij,

the "online-fraud site" states at least "Eastern Europe".

While I do not like that kind of categorizing because it's thinking in "big boxes" Slovenia is in Eastern Europe. Or ... uhm... depending on where the border of east/west is exactly.

Personally I think to just tag a whole continent like Africa is a little bit extreme.

Also the CIA classifies Slovenia as "Central Europe" (the UN put it into East-Central or something.

Maybe you can argument on that somehow...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Europe

701px-Slovenia_in_European_Union.svg.png