Material editor for Leadwerks (alpha)

Aily

Thanks to Omid Saadat, it's realy cool idea to build something easy material editor.

in ALPHA version you can't export shaders and materials (this will be raedy soon), but you can "play" with it, tune editors material lib. It's first release, sonn I will update it to export materials for 2.24 version (my current), and another, if you asked me.

36728930.jpg

10266119.jpg

Download

• Upvote 2

"Better" is big enemy of "good"

Looks good Aily... nice of you to share.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Looks good. :)

Will it have options like normalmap power and other realtime preview stuff too?

It have normal map power now :)

In current state it will have two material layers separated by vertex color. Each material have diffuse+bump+spec/gloss strength+reflection(cubemap) streng+fresnel. Main material layer is black vertex color, second layer blended above when vertex colors become brihter (r color component). But I think to add 3 and 4 layers someday, not now. And it have vertex color mask, for more realistic blend betwen layers.

Now I created 3ds MAX HLSL shader (for viewport DirectXshader material), and working with exporter (it will be connected to Arbuz exporter). MAX users will can see same picture in viewport and in Leadwerks render. And grass animation too! And UV-shift texture animation (for waterfall animation for example)! It is amazing thing, but longer to develop.

Material editor will be same interface as material in 3DS MAX, and will be use same techniques and same Leadwerks GLSL shaders to export.

Now this material editor becomes "second thing to do" for me. First thing is viewport shader. But I will finish this editor too.

Sorry guys, I do my main work, and don't have much time to finish it fast, but soon you will see all of my promises.

"Better" is big enemy of "good"

Material editor will be same interface as material in 3DS MAX, and will be use same techniques and same Leadwerks GLSL shaders to export.

Best news about. :)

I hope to see this editor finished. Quite some tools were presented but never finished from various people.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...