Leadwerks stress test.

filax

SLI usually slows down 50% because it tries to use 2 cards, and the data transfer rate between the cards is the bottleneck. Sometimes it also speeds up 50%, but that is a rare situation and needs explicit support from the drivers and app.

It's a bit like using a 64-bit system, which also slows down in most cases, unless you have some heavy app which runs faster with more than 4GB RAM, or if you run many apps at the same time.

To get maximum speed of SLI, you should remove the other card, or use an integrated SLI card, like GTX 480, where the data cable bottleneck speed has been eliminated.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I get between 28-56 FPS on a GEForce 9800 GTX, with all effects enabled, at 1024x768 resolution. You really took advantage of the renderer here. It looks fantastic!

To get maximum speed of SLI, you should remove the other card

:)

* gForce 9600 runs 26 fps with all effects

* gForce 9600 runs 38 fps with no effects

* gForce 9600 SLI enabled runs 39 fps with all effects

* gForce 9600 SLI enabled 52 fps with no effects

Those numbers look reasonable. SLI will give you less than a 100% performance increase. You got a 50% and 37% performance increase with the second card, which seems reasonable.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Oh, but he got more FPS with SLI enabled than when it was disabled. It seems the drivers have been fixed nicely, since earlier it was the other way around.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I am quite satisfied with the results of SLI. One geForce 9600 costs around 80 euro. Since their price was very low, I could afford a second one and connected them via SLI. Sow for 160 euro's I think I have pretty decent graphics power in my computer. Remember that the 9600 is by far not the most powerful graphics. The 8800 is almost as good as 2 of of the 9600 together in SLI. Yet the 9800 is more then 2 as powerfull as the 9600 (looking at performance wise).

It is common for SLI to have such a percentage. nVidia's overview from 2008 showed results that the average FPS increase with SLI enabled is around 30 %. It was mentioned that this percentage will increase as drivers are better written and because more games are using the GPU power more and more instead of the CPU.

Sow for 160 euro's I think I have pretty decent graphics power in my computer.

Not to be (very :) ) annoying, but I paid less for my HD4890, over a year ago now. Did you already have a 9600 and decided to "upgrade" to a second one or was the double 9600 a deliberate choice from the start?

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32

I paid that price when they were released back 2 and half year ago. At the website were I bough the cards they offered them with 20% extra sale because they didn't come in the original box. I paid 128 buks for 2 graphics cards. If you would buy them now they would aprox. cost 160 euro.

It's not just LW that Filax has stressed, it stressed me too for that demo ....

I made some very simple changes into the file "mesh.frag" to obtain a brighter specular. This shot gives another dimension to all objects with specular. And what strengthens the HDR effect on chrome :rolleyes:

As we have totally different configs him in NVIDIA and ATI for me, we see that shader compiler of ATI is much more strict and this whi it's run good :lol:

Please Josh, two little things, can you found a way to obtain the specular on transparency and refraction objects, and how can we further strengthen the effect of antialiasing

Nicolas

It's not just LW that Filax has stressed, it stressed me too for that demo ....

Lol for sure my friend :rolleyes: But now you can agree with me, there was a problem with specular :lol:

For Josh,please :

I absolutly need to get specular with transparency ! Ok i can put refraction... :) But i dont really need this for the majority of my projects, but i need to put specularity on my glass material :)

So, here is next demo screenshot, (Demo soon)

lw_demo_01_01.jpg

lw_demo_01_02.jpg

lw_demo_01_03.jpg

I ran this at 1920x1080, everything turned on - wireframe at 29FPS, turning things off didnt increase framerate much.

Very beautiful, and excellent showcase. However if I turned around quickly everything was dark and then popped into light.

Win7: 3.4GHz i7, 16Gb RAM DDR3, Radeon HD 6970 2048MB

Salut Filax

super boulot, bravo.

mes tests: Q6600 Vista64 ATI 5850 de 40 FPS à 75

avec tout activé sans wireframe.

sympa de voir des frenchies relever le niveau.

j'attends la suite avec impatience :mellow:

AMD Ryzen 5900HX - Nvidia RTX 3070 - 32 Go - 1To SSD - W11

• 9 months later...

I think the attachment got lost during the server rollback.

Well, it won't have been lost, but it will have been renamed, so might take a while to get it restored. Unless Filax kept a copy of it and comes back to forum to re-upload it...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

• 2 months later...

I think the attachment got lost during the server rollback.

facepalm moment. I hadn't noticed this was the second page the link is on the first page... It must be because Filax has the first post on the second page I just assumed it was the first post in the whole thread.

I thought this thing sounded familiar, and now I've seen the screenshots on page 1, I remember it.

The attachment is still there, but it took a while to respond, so, since it's still sat on my hard drive...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Guest Red Ocktober

sorry... i'm always late...

just got around to looking at this... runs smoothly (for this old geforce 9500 card ) at 16 to 18 fps full screen at 1024 x 768 x 32...

really nice...

--Mike