Road making isnt good why????

tcmodder

Ok i have been working on a map.Once i get done making my road by dragging nodes to were i want the road and then press form land to roads or whatever that option is it makes the road very open around corners.Were ever a corner or turn is its like only half a road and is like broken apart.Also the terrain like deforms and makes huge holes or huge pointy spots realy high.Whats going on when i tryed to make a road with the dessert map that comes with the engine it worked amazing real smooth why not in my map??

80253066.jpg

See what i mean..

xtremelogo.jpg

You need to set the Y offset to 0.055.

Filename: models/entities/road/road_node.lua

Line: 13

Code:

class.roadoffset=0.005

Change To Code:

class.roadoffset=0.055

According to my tests, this is the optimal value which is not too low and not too high for any scenarios. If more people can confirm that it works, it should be updated into the engine.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

You need to adjust the directions your road nodes face to make a more natural line.

Doesnt do a think.

Lumooja

I cant find that code on line 13.I got into the file road_node.lua but what you said to change is not on that line 13 i cant find it in that file???

xtremelogo.jpg

carlb thanks for the info....

Also i took a look and well seems as though i already have 2.31 i thought i didnt but to my amazement i do.LOL.Oops.So i wander whats my problem.Could it still be i need to adjust the direction the node faces?Also i noticed when i loaded the dessert test map that only half the road shows up.Whats wrong with my engine could i be missing drivers?Do i need to reinstall something?Please help..

xtremelogo.jpg

1) From that screen shot you are in the sculpting terrain editor mode, not the object mode, which I suspect is why you have jagged peaks.

2) If you want rounded corners on your road, you have to do what Josh said and rotate the nodes (by the Y axis) until you get the curve that you want.

3) You said line 13 of your road_node lua script doesn't contain the roadoffset value? That means youre not using single state lua or you have edited the road script. What is the very first line of your road node script?

EDIT--- actually it looks like if you do not correctly have your road laid out before you hit the 'Align terrain to roads' button, it will cause these jaggies. You need to layout your road on the terrain first. Rotate the road nodes by their Y axis until you get the look you are looking for... and also suggest you increase the offset inside the script to a higher value as suggested. Then when the road is completely laid out, then hit the 'Align terrain to roads' button.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

1) From that screen shot you are in the sculpting terrain editor mode, not the object mode, which I suspect is why you have jagged peaks.

2) If you want rounded corners on your road, you have to do what Josh said and rotate the nodes (by the Y axis) until you get the curve that you want.

3) You said line 13 of your road_node lua script doesn't contain the roadoffset value? That means youre not using single state lua or you have edited the road script. What is the very first line of your road node script?

EDIT--- actually it looks like if you do not correctly have your road laid out before you hit the 'Align terrain to roads' button, it will cause these jaggies. You need to layout your road on the terrain first. Rotate the road nodes by their Y axis until you get the look you are looking for... and also suggest you increase the offset inside the script to a higher value as suggested. Then when the road is completely laid out, then hit the 'Align terrain to roads' button.

LOL i feel so dumb ha i do have that on line 13 i wasnt looking close enough.Oh im so dumb.

Edit:darn didnt fix it.Well next thing rotate on y axis.Well woot woot it fixed it.Well the combination of changing the value and the y rotate fixed it.Thanks so much guys.Also you have to have .055 and rotate the y axis for the roads to aline.I took the code back to .005 and rotating the y axis done nothing.Thanks so much guys ily lol.

PS:What the heck do you have an undo in this engine.LOL.If so what keys is it?It usually is ctrl z but well it does nothing.If you all dont have one that is a forsure needs to be in it...

xtremelogo.jpg

So does that mean the angle between node to node has to be below a certain value? It won't automatically make a curved road no matter the angle?

Yes.

I think this is a issue. You have to change every node in its directions one by one. Very time consuming and combined with lacking undo its sometimes hard to do long roads.

Maybe it'll get improved some day.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments