Was the LE2 more powerful than LE3?

Ameshi

Currently the le2 verson of my game "looks" better than le3 with its water and atmosphere but I am not worried just impatient for updates. Incidently you could use blitzmax to write le2 games, but as Rick says game play was harder to figure out.

• Upvote 1

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

In other words, you are clueless OP, as you've proven repeatedly. Perhaps it's time to be the silent fool?

...i do not see one single reason, justifying use of such language towards someone whos, at least, curious about certain things, belong to this very forum and site..what are your credentials, sir, to call anyone fool??

• Upvote 6

First of all, what language? Did I say anything that was not, true, or was... foul? He is clueless. And he is acting like a fool, look at his post history and his attitude about LE. Read the FIRST response in this thread, because it's pretty much all this guy does is go thread to thread bashing LE for Lord knows why.

My credentials are first and foremost are being a developer who sees a troll bemoaning leadwerks, which is a fine product. He does it in just about every thread he's contributed to. Have a look. I told him his attitude sucks in a thread yesterday or something. Since you're his apologist, maybe you should go there and dive to his rescue as well.

I don't keep a resume handy because I'm not job shopping presently, but I'll give you a couple bullet points.

I developed HeroEngine for 4 years. It runs SWOTR. Been to 3-4 game devs with gaming companies. At the last one I was asked by the manager of game masters for blizzard entertainment to work for him in person. No, I didn't take the job.

Demoed engine tech to the creative director of Mythic Entertainment once. That was cool.

This one time, I wrote a 2d mmo in python in a week. Back in my glory days. I didn't release it, sorry.

I get paid to write code for a living... I design APIs and toolkits and such.

I only say this because you asked. Yes, I'm qualified as both a human being, a programmer, a game developer, and a member of this community to call this clown on his constant berating attitude of the product I use. Mainly because it's unjustified, trollish, and yes, he's a fool and should remain silent about things he's clueless about.

Sir.

Coding for Christ.

...i do not see one single reason, justifying use of such language towards someone whos, at least, curious about certain things, belong to this very forum and site..what are your credentials, sir, to call anyone fool??

While I do think that this was too harsh of a comment, I also do see catch22's point (as is evidenced in my first post). Like I said in that post, it's fine to be critical, but when all you do is try to bash the engine, it gets tiresome for everyone. Honestly, Ameshi, if you have this many issues with the engine, then why are you still using it (or thinking of using it)?

Of course, Leadwerks isn't perfect, but many of his responses to the engine have been, quite frankly, rather rude. Josh puts in a lot of effort into this product, and he's created pretty much by himself a very impressive and unique engine. You are totally wrong if you think that Josh is trying to shortchange his users (like with the planned features or lack of features).

I don't like everything about Leadwerks either, but I like it more than other engines, so that's why I use it. If I didn't then I would just go to another engine with more stuff that I'm looking for.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, Ameshi, if you have this many issues with the engine, then why are you still using it (or thinking of using it)?

I think he has no game plan, and he has not started anything, that's why he looses time bashing LE3 stating problems even he don't as he do nothing with LE3 sleep.png. He should save time to make a game instead of trolling.

Stop toying and make games

The name calling and bashing looks awesome to forums users that may be considering purchasing the engine. Used to be a saying, "If you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything". I have read every single post in this thread and its always the same people with the same typical responses to others that have questions. Its tiresome, childish and just unnecessary. Not every one here has used LE2, as many of us are newer users based on the comment Josh made about recent sales. We all arent as smart about these things as you are and ask questions.

I agree with Naughty Alien on this one...I see no reason here for name calling...This is the General Discussion Forum...

I see no need for it at all in any thread. Sure it might frustrate you but how do you think others feel when they ask questions and get bashed and belittled. lets all be big boys/girls now and play nice.biggrin.png

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

As usually happens on forums responses flow over from other posts. Nothing in this specific thread warrants the response, but I think it's the combination of other threads started by OP. Ask YouGroove about the responses you get when you make multiple threads that complain about this or that in the engine. He would be the extreme example in this case, but surprisingly he's turned his tune around lately :)

• Upvote 2

As I said earlier in another thread, don't get me wrong, I do like the engine.

But I saw some people saying LE2 has a better terrain system and such, and I guess was ok to make thread about it.

I think we have some good posts here, thanks for the people who true contributed.

Sadly the thread get derailed by catch22, it seems its allowed insult newcomers here.

I hope his actions don't make other newcomers afraid to post in this community.

To be fair it does i myself hate posting in the forum and as i have said before it needs work possibly a new forum with mods and a better structure this would help new people because as it stands its a mess you get more info watching users videos like Ricks, Aggror to name a few.

Also the workshop needs a cleanup there are alot of stuff that no longer works and new users download it and the first thing they ask is why isn't this working :/ anyway back to the question at hand i think if you stick with LE3 you will see that in many ways it is better and that will grow as josh adds stuff live veg system, water (Stick With It) rolleyes.gif

Asus Extreme v x99, Intel I7, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, SSD, Geforce GTX 980 4GB, 16GB Ripjaw DDR4

As I said earlier in another thread, don't get me wrong, I do like the engine.

Great, that's good to hear! So please, stop running to every thread and calling it a bad joke, then. Use it. If you have problems, ask about the specific problems and go from there.

But I saw some people saying LE2 has a better terrain system and such, and I guess was ok to make thread about it.

LE3 is what Josh makes now, not LE2. Logic alone would dictate it's the latest iteration of his work and all his time and energy will be focused there. It's true it's not fully complete and needs a few more things, but it's also true he's actively updating it and adding to it all the time.

You'd have to weigh your project release schedule against the time it would take for some of the features you need to be implemented. Chances are very likely the first would far exceed the second.

I think we have some good posts here, thanks for the people who true contributed.

Sadly the thread get derailed by catch22, it seems its allowed insult newcomers here.

Right now, new users see people like you harping on the product and making up stuff that is untrue. Drawing incorrect conclusions like, the engine can't handle this, it can't handle that, it's not optimized. The old one is better. It's bad, don't buy it. That's far more detrimental than me calling you out on trollish behavior. If someone has money in hand thinking about buying a game engine, dealing with trolls is internet 101 -- we all expect it and who cares. Seeing posts like the engine is bad and flawed will result in impact on sales conversion. Again, logic.

For my part, I will apologize to you, from one person to another. I will not take back what I said though: if you don't know what you are speaking about, it's better to remain silent and be a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. Asking questions is one thing, but you hardly just asked an innocent question.

As for everyone else who considers themselves part of this growing community:

Get thicker skin, some of the reactions to what I said border on comical. You're in the wrong industry if you really have such a taken aback stance on rebuking trolls. Where I come from, if you don't deal with trolls, the community becomes toxic. If you didn't know he was a troll, then my advice to him applies to you as well.

Secondly, the gaming industry is one of the darkest, rudest, harshest, and meanest places you can go. It's not pretty, it's unthankful, and you'll most likely end up out of work and hated for it. For indie developers, you need one another. People who don't contribute, who are negative, who try to tear down a place where you have solidarity, you must toss them to the wayside. Get rid of them, they do you no good.

Build a community. Make bridges, form relationships, create, lift up. Do not tear down, destroy, and divide. And do not allow it happen in your midst.

I'll be the bad guy on this one, but I want you people who take this seriously to consider this stuff. Ya'll want trolls in your forums, cool beans. Don't chase em off, see what fruit that produces. It's hard to come back from a place of negativity in this world.

Good day.

Coding for Christ.