new site

Rick

Everyone has the free will to choose whatever skin they like :)

I use the IP.Board skin because it has nice blue and green tones (which are no complementary colors, but use a more difficult 7th dissonance (which is harmonic in itself though)), and makes you feel like you have room to breathe (it's wider, because it scales with the browser window, while the Leadwerks skin is fixed width).

Also what I have learned is that only truly artistic skilled people dare and can make colored sites. People who can't find harmony and are very insecure about their artistic expressions, just use dull and gray tones. See Andy Warhol:

Che Guevara (Andy Warhol).jpg

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

You probably feel that way because the status updates and recent blog entries aren't shown on the main page. In order to fit them in, we may need to either make the page very wide, or stretchy. It might be a month before the site is complete, but I will see that these features are included in the final design.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It needs to be stretchy IMO. I hate fixed width forums. I can understand static websites like your main page, but a forum needs to be 100% comfortable for the user to read and interact with. I don't see why you wouldn't just use IP.Board as a template for a new color scheme and banner.

Programmer, Modeller

Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.5GHz | GeForce 480 GTX | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Premium x64

Visual Studio 2008 | Photoshop CS3 | Maya 2009

Also what I have learned is that only truly artistic skilled people dare and can make colored sites. People who can't find harmony and are very insecure about their artistic expressions, just use dull and gray tones. See Andy Warhol

Andy Warhol didn't have people to browse through lots of content while staring at his paintings, and IMHO was actually looking for the opposite result, a sensorial extravaganza, since he took inspiration from the abstract expressionists of his era. There are certain conventions in templating which convey a particular feeling to the user, which in this case should be "hey, that's a great and well supported development engine", and that's the only thing I am looking for; it's more design than art, and I never intended to artistically experiment with it let alone compete with such mind blowing icons. :)

It needs to be stretchy IMO. I hate fixed width forums. I can understand static websites like your main page, but a forum needs to be 100% comfortable for the user to read and interact with. I don't see why you wouldn't just use IP.Board as a template for a new color scheme and banner.

Hi DJDD, this skin was intended to seamlessly integrate with the main website, in order to give everything a cohesive look. I'll surely make a simpler, variable width skin in the near future based on IP.Board for the users who prefer this choice, but I think the default one should still be based on the website layout or first time users will feel like leaving the website when entering the community.

Now if you could get a custom page with IP.Board, then you could do away with the "Main" site completely.. Would be better IMO.

I thought they had custom page ability. I could be wrong.

That's exactly what we're doing. We have the ability to add various feeds into the html pages, so the whole site will be more interactive and interesting.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.