LE3 waving grass using shader ?

YouGroove

For trees, i don't know as you need to animate branches mainly , not the trunck or this is a thin tree and there is lot of wind ? So for trees i would gor for bones animations , why not ?

Making a scene alive introducing motion and effects is what makes the difference nowadays compared to static ones, would be good to have that in LE3.

Stop toying and make games

i used tree objects with two meshes, one for trunk and other for branches/leaves

i used shaders applied to selected meshes which vasically read and modify vertex positions giving the illusion of movement.

grass waving shader do the exact thing.

i'm very new here and i'm in the stage of doing (or trying to do) simple things. When i have time, i'll try to see le shaders format and see if i can modify them easily. if not, will see or wait for some one else smile.png

i should read the previous post...! sorry

Paren el mundo!, me quiero bajar.

I thaught we had some example tree model and texture as start base and to test visually , but the downlaod only contains the shaders.

Ouch the download section has been replaced by Steam Workshop without transferring some really good stuff from Downloads section to Steam ohmy.png

yes, it works ok

movement is very small, which i guess is ok. don't try to modify or find a variable inside the shader to evantually set via coding.

it's fbx so placing it on the assets folder automatically convert it to mdl, mat etc

have to manually create the material

and set the texture as dtx5 if not alpha don't behaves as spected.

(i first test it with other models, but they were bought from dexsoft, and has to manipulate them the same way)

Paren el mundo!, me quiero bajar.

I tested the model, unfortunatelly the alpha is on the normal map, i presume LE3 needs alpha map on the diffuse texture.

Some strange behaviour also on material editor : : i try choosing DXT5 for normal map, when saving LE3 automatically switches to DXT5n ?

post-3271-0-71669200-1403209641_thumb.jpg

There is a problem with the vegetation shader, the rendering is really not good like alpha is not very well taken account , i got a very different and best result using LE3 diff/norm/spc/alpha shader and shadow instead.

But seems good on shadmar video ? perhaps it renders not good only in the editor and better in real time ?

(i got a project update problem caus of my firewall so can't run the game for now)

post-3271-0-58538300-1403213951_thumb.jpg

post-3271-0-81859600-1403213960_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

The animation shader works on a tree OK though in my test movement was very small.

Do we need to use the specific shadow shader?

If I select the vegetation shadow shader in the download then it doesn't seem to respect alpha but if I use the standard shadow shader that includes alpha then the leaf shadows don't seem to move at all (at leat to me).

Do others see shadows moving? If yes what did you get to make the shadows move AND use alpha mask?

Just checked again and the veg shader doesn't seem to have the nice appearance of the diffuse+normal+specular+alphamask. Have others got it looking great?

Thanks