Leadwerks 30 Day Trial - Where is it?

Kombowz

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in buying leadwerks (Steam Edition) and was wondering where the trial version of leadwerks was. I understand the steam version may not have a trial version, but I was looking through the manual and there was a link to a trial version that just brought me back to the main page.

Was this trial taken away? is there another link to a working download?

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

I found a trial of 3.0 to check out in the meantime however, I do have a few questions

Is 3.1 standard going to be available on steam as well?

Also, if we buy the indie version now will there be an upgrade option afterwards?

what kind of time frame are we looking at? I'm looking forward to it.

what were the changes from 3.0 to 3.1 that was worth charging people money for? normally minor version for other programs such as 3.x are included for free if you purchased 3.X...

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

I found a trial of 3.0 to check out in the meantime however, I do have a few questions

The 3.0 trial isn't really comparable in graphics.

Is 3.1 standard going to be available on steam as well? Also, if we buy the indie version now will there be an upgrade option afterwards?

Yes, and it will be available as an upgrade from the indie edition on there now.

what kind of time frame are we looking at? I'm looking forward to it.

March.

what were the changes from 3.0 to 3.1 that was worth charging people money for? normally minor version for other programs such as 3.x are included for free if you purchased 3.X...

Version 3.1 brought an OpenGL 4 deferred renderer and is bringing native support for Linux, editor & all.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi Josh, thank you for your quick reply.

Is there plans for adding multiplayer support into leadwerks?

I found a demo of 3.1 DarknessAwaits3_1, it looks like there's a problem with the shadows. if you leave the character idle it shadow stops moving. not in all instances of the light sources though and it seems to be random which one freezes when the character is idle.

I see what you mean by the graphics, the lighting and shadows in the 3_1 demo are incredible. I was looking for the trial not for the graphics however, but to just check out the overall editor itself. So far it looks quite nice and simple to use.

The bug you describe did not come up in my example game, but was just reported a couple days ago.

Multiplayer support will be added to Leadwerks but I don't have a release date for that.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The bug is definitely recurring but random as mentioned as to what light works properly and what doesn't.

Here are system specs that may help:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene

CPU: Intel i7 4770K

MEM: 16GB

Graphics: Geforce GTX 670 2GB Edition (Driver Version 334.67 when issue was evident)

Maybe compare with the report that was submitted and maybe we can find some common ground.

About the multiplayer support:

Will the multiplayer be part of a free update for leadwerks 3.x or will it be something that we'll have to pay for. When it is released doesn't much matter to me, just knowing that it's coming is enough. I need to spend time learning this fine tool first in the beginning.

Thank you Josh.