Leadwerks Indie Edition- Windows Exception

WarHawk

There are multiple Leadwerks folders to talk about. You have the steam install Leadwerks folder, the leadwerks projects folder (where your projects get saved), and then you have the leadwerks data folder. The leadwerks data folder is written to the AppData directory (the path I listed above). It's written here because that's where Windows tells applications to write data. If you looked in the path I listed above you should NOT see any sort of exe in there. The fact that you see an exe would tell me you are looking in the wrong folder. Look again at the path I posted above please.

If you don't have that folder then that tells us something too.

Even modern Intel integrated graphics support OpenGL 4. So pretty much any computer you could buy today would support it.

There are some people offering games to trade for it in the Steam forum, so you might talk to one of them. It is possible to trade games on your Steam account.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Not wanting ot be harsh, but this is where a demo really makes lot of sense sense.

Any newbbie would never buy the engine if the demo don't launch on their computer.

Anyone owning LE 3.1 can generate a simple demo, and it could be included in Steam front page and LE3 Site.

Even basic cubes demo to just validate the new comer can run LE3 with it's configuration.

Stop toying and make games

Yes a demo would be nice but as a current user, I'd like some of the major features first because this is why I bought leadwerks. People that don't read requirements or don't research to see if they are able to run stuff will come across this issue. It happens with every game on the market that can't run on a calculator. If you have a computer older than a few years then you might have to upgrade or if you don't have a newer laptop than expect issues. Most people don't buy the latest and faster laptop on the market so they are using older graphic cards. This is becoming better all the time as the latest technology is old news by 6 months but if you're using a laptop from 4 years ago because it still works then expect to not be able to do what a desktop can do today. I know lots of people complain about not being able to run a new game that came out but they are using a computer or laptop that should have been melted long ago.

All I can say to those that have older laptop/computers

Save about $400 and buy parts off newegg and tigerdirect. Building a desktop is soooo easy. Everything has it's own spot.

Save about $400 and buy parts off newegg and tigerdirect. Building a desktop is soooo easy. Everything has it's own spot.

I don't agree, i know family and aged kids both have PC and laptop but don't know anyhting about building a desktop.

They play games like old age of empire and some good 3D ones, but not today ones like Crysis indeed.

They are not hard core gamers , and just like some cool games from time to time.

Also there is lot of indie games that don't require big harware specially all amazing 2D games.

A software demo allows you :

- to see if it will run , caus some people buy the software thinking they have the hardware required.

- test if the software really suits you or not

A small Cube and camera scene demo , intitled : "LE 3 Hardware requirement test"

so simple to do , would allow pepople to validate if LE3 will run or not on their PC.

Stop toying and make games

I don't agree, i know family and aged kids both have PC and laptop but don't know anyhting about building a desktop.

They play games like old age of empire and some good 3D ones, but not today ones like Crysis indeed.

They are not hard core gamers , and just like some cool games from time to time.

Also there is lot of indie games that don't require big harware specially all amazing 2D games.

A software demo allows you :

- to see if it will run , caus some people buy the software thinking they have the hardware required.

- test if the software really suits you or not

A small Cube and camera scene demo , intitled : "LE 3 Hardware requirement test"

so simple to do , would allow pepople to validate if LE3 will run or not on their PC.

Anyone can learn anything if they put there mind to it. Computers have gotten way easier than it used it be. People don't want to take the time and effort to read the manual or call the computer/parts technical support. I helped my little sister at the age of 12 build her own computer because I helped her with understanding the manual.

I wasn't saying older games were bad or there aren't many newer games that won't run on older computer so I don't know how your took that from what I said. I'm saying expect that you might not be able to run it because the advancements of software and hardware that is not compatible with older equipment. OpenGL 4 is newer so expect only newer technically being able to use it.

Why not create a really simple application made with LEADWERKS that only display on the screen:

"You system passed the test and has all the requirements" (Could put the Leadwerks logo in the back to make it pretty)

Don't need a lot of work. Microsoft used a ActiveX to check if the computer was able to handle Windows 7 when it came out. So people could check if their computer would handle it.

Instead of a "Demo" it could be a kind of "certification test" to check if you can run the application at home.

Why not create a really simple application made with LEADWERKS that only display on the screen:

"You system passed the test and has all the requirements" (Could put the Leadwerks logo in the back to make it pretty)

or just read requirements + brain.exe

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

Hi,

I've checked again the STEAM store page, and it's clearly written there. I think some people don't really know their video card capabilities (and lots of them don`t care, they just want to "play" on their old rig). There could be a link to check their hardware before they buy, but I would ask STEAM to do this, since it's not only applying to LEADWERKS but also a lot of games and products.

Could be interesting to have your link in the LEADWERKS web site in the leadwerks store, as "check this before your buy".

• Upvote 1