Making a single assets file?

Kavex

So i bought the steam edition today and I was playing around with it and I noticed the engine publishes the game with all the files as if you are loading the game in the editor. So anyone can see your files and source code. Is there anyway to pack it so those files are not shown or at least one asset file?

I don't want anyone stealing my stuff if i take the time and make something

There actually is a way to load files from passworded zip archives, but I wouldn't classify it as 100% supported and working yet. It should really be automatic.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Michael Betke and others who sell their products require that their assets be password protected so this is very needed for anyone to release even demos. Not that we have 100 people eager to release tomorrow but just stating the obvious.

I don't see that anywhere tbh - if your refering to "No original digital media file or files or segment or component thereof may be published, sold, distributed, transferred, marketed, or further licensed. This includes any publication of such files in a format which may lend itself to resale, export or distribution for further use."

Then stuffing the model into any sort of virtual filesystem and or adding a custom header would qualify - the problem is that "lend itself" is a vague non legal term and since your not the one who written the contract any interpretation favors you.

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Can anyone explain or link some page where this method is explained?

While the virtual file system / container is trivial to write I'm not entirely certain you can do this in the indie version your self - for one thing you would need to overload/intercept ( or what ever the lua term is) every instance where LE tried to load something off this disc, and I'm fairly certain that isn't exposed to you.

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

I agree this is important, but it will likely

Michael Betke and others who sell their products require that their assets be password protected so this is very needed for anyone to release even demos. Not that we have 100 people eager to release tomorrow but just stating the obvious.

Yeah, I agree. This should be on the list of things to implement before summer, and it's not too hard.

There's also SmartPacker and a couple applications like that, and they create a single EXE. Haven't tried them myself, but it could be an immediate solution if you need this right now.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.