The suggestions forum

AggrorJorn

I have the idea that the suggestions forum is somewhat never looked at. :(

I have been liking and +1 a lot of suggestions that have been posted since april. There are a lot of them out there that request new features, while others request editor workflow improvements. Some of these suggestions are not only really good; they absolutely belong in the editor. Even better: some of these suggestions should be in any 3d editor of any sorts and can't really don't deserve the name 'suggestion'. They are missing elements of the editor.

I would like to see if suggestions are being taken in consideration or whether it is just not going to happen. Some support from the rest of the community would be welcome. smile.png

I, too, agree with Aggror: Posting in the suggestion box in a bit like shouting in the void and waiting for the echo ;-) We usually only get feedback if Josh strongly objects an idea. I have posted it a couple of times, and I'll do it again here: It would be great to have more transparency in this process, and I still think a ticket system like Mantis or something similar would really help here. We could classify suggestions as high-medium-low or something from our point of view, and Josh could prioritize them as well from his side. Tickets could be rejected, closed, scheduled for a release. That way everybody knows where things are. And, again: Proper release notes would be for free as well and easier to read than scanning umpteen forum posts for the final status.

I'm another that agrees with Aggror. I think people like to get involved with the direction LE3 takes and see more information about what is being added, getting fixed or improved.

Rastar's idea sounds good.

Elite Cobra Squad

My top priorities for the next six months are graphics, terrain ,Linux support, and Steam integration. There's a.lot of requests for small editor enhancements and those will be added when it is convenient to do so, but the big items are higher priority. I don't give feedback or agree to add features on the spot because its just a bad way to plan, and I don't always know what will work and what won't until I try it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Posting in the suggestion box in a bit like shouting in the void and waiting for the echo ;-) We usually only get feedback if Josh strongly objects an idea. I have posted it a couple of times, and I'll do it again here: It would be great to have more transparency in this process, and I still think a ticket system like Mantis or something similar would really help here. We could classify suggestions as high-medium-low or something from our point of view, and Josh could prioritize them as well from his side. Tickets could be rejected, closed, scheduled for a release. That way everybody knows where things are.

This is like poetry.

And I don't know about release notes though, I kind of like pleasant surprises. =p

#LookinOnTheBrightSide

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3