SetInput problem

cassius

I have a character called badguy with a controller called bg_control. I want this character to walk toward the player at all times using SetInput. I am struggling on how to express the angle parameter. Can anyone help.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I used follow which works ok exept the enemy character half sinks into the ground when moving and behaves erratically when close to player going around in a circle. Its controller is a pivot to which it is parented.

Follow() seems like it tries to get to the exact point the thing it's following is. This however generally isn't possible because it collides with the thing it's following. Generally you'll want to do a distance check with the thing it's following and when it's < a certain value call Stop() to make it stop following.

I noticed the sinking into the ground (only in certain areas of the map) also. Might be a bug?

Fized it.

My main character was too high off the ground ( my eyesight is quite bad) and pointentity made the enemy character look up at main character as it approached main character.

Thanks for help

Its a darkish scene I think more light would have helped.

Yeah, a design light is something I'd like to see implemented in the editor. Something that we can toggle on/off and only for the editor and not in game so we can easily design with full brightness, because it's clearly easier, and then toggle it off to see how it looks "in game".

• Upvote 1