Will the engine be source available.

NUH UH

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

No. Unlike Epic Games, Josh isn't 40%+ owned by a Chinese firm. 

What modifications you have on mind? I'm sure Josh will be able to see if he can add it in as a future update. He has been pretty open in discussing how everything works too so you shouldn't need to do much reverse engineering.

Source code would be nice but I personally don't see a need for it if everything is working. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

30 minutes ago, reepblue said:

No. Unlike Epic Games, Josh isn't 40%+ owned by a Chinese firm. 

What modifications you have on mind? I'm sure Josh will be able to see if he can add it in as a future update. He has been pretty open in discussing how everything works too so you shouldn't need to do much reverse engineering.

Source code would be nice but I personally don't see a need for it if everything is working. 

well problem is it doesnt work fine the engine has ton of issues for amd and what if i want to port it for console wtf im i suppose to do?

• Solution

No, never.

This week I am focusing on bug fixes and enhancements to the editor, but I will be focusing again on hardware compatibility soon.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

2 minutes ago, NUH UH said:

welp this was a waste of money and time

I will be turning back to focusing on hardware compatibility soon. As stated on the store page, an Nvidia GPU that supports Vulkan 1.3 is currently required. The solution is all in GLSL shader code anyways so releasing source code would make no difference.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

11 minutes ago, Canardia said:

So we basically have the source code already.

For the code related to the primary AMD issues, yes.