Editor Render View Turns White in 3D Perspective

Leag

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

I'm using the Steam version of Ultra Engine with an NVIDIA RTX 3060, and my drivers are up to date. I believe the issue is related to viewport updating—it doesn't refresh automatically. For instance, when I receive a message, it remains there until I manually click or switch the viewport.

4 minutes ago, reepblue said:

Interesting. I also have a 3060 and I never got this. However, I don't religiously update my driver's like I should.

The bug tends to occur when I switch from top/back/left views to the 3D view. Moving the viewport manually seems to trigger the update, and the white background disappears. It seems like there might be an issue with updating or refreshing.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

@Leag Is this Windows 10 or 11?

Windows 11

• Thanks 1

I just tried this too and get the same bug.  I tried the other 3 viewports as well.  Switching from their default view to another ortho view doesn't do it.   Even switching from ortho to perspective doesn't do it.   But if the viewport has been perspective at some point, switching to perspective again at some point makes the viewport white.  Actually in my case black but then white when I click inside it.

I have GTX 980 TI + Windows 10.

• Thanks 1

That actually sounds like it is probably some kind of logical error rather than a rendering issue, like maybe I left an extra camera active or something. The viewports actually each use several cameras to rendering the scene, grid, and selection outline, so it could be easy to make a small mistake there.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I tested the other three viewports as well, and switching to the 3D viewport doesn't turn them white. However, the issue seems to be exclusive to the 3D viewport—changing it to top/back/right/left, and then switching back to 3D, triggers the white background.

4 hours ago, Leag said:

I tested the other three viewports as well, and switching to the 3D viewport doesn't turn them white. However, the issue seems to be exclusive to the 3D viewport—changing it to top/back/right/left, and then switching back to 3D, triggers the white background.

In the other 3 viewports did you try switching back and forth between 3D at least twice?  That did it for me.  Default -> 3D -> Front -> 3D = white.

11 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

In the other 3 viewports did you try switching back and forth between 3D at least twice?  That did it for me.  Default -> 3D -> Front -> 3D = white.

Yeah, you're right. It indeed turns white when switching back and forth between 3D views. Default -> 3D -> Front -> 3D triggers the issue for me as well.

• Like 1