Some small things.

reepblue

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

• "Show grid on brushes" can't be turned off. The effect doesn't disable nor does the setting save,
  • It seems nothing in the Environment tab doesn't transfer to the game. Some of the options save, others reset to default when you reload the map in the editor.
  • Probe reflections don't save within the map. 
  • There's no scene tree icon for Sprite.
  • When the "View Mode" changes for the Sprite, the viewport should redraw.
  • Sometimes, brushes refuse to snap back to the grid no matter the size of the grid. Not sure how to reproduce this to be honest, but it's annoying when it happens.
  • Like 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

On 10/4/2023 at 2:58 PM, reepblue said:
  • Sometimes, brushes refuse to snap back to the grid no matter the size of the grid. Not sure how to reproduce this to be honest, but it's annoying when it happens.

Vertices do not snap to the grid. Movement of vertices and objects is in increments of the grid size. This is by design. A separate "snap to grid" menu item might be in order.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

"Show grid on brushes" can't be turned off. The effect doesn't disable nor does the setting save,

Should be fixed now. You might need to sync your project to get a new shader.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Probe reflections don't save within the map. 

Can confirm. In fact they weren't working at all, but I am uploading a fix for that right now.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f92ba06d8f69cfcad1ad78dfa24978c7.jpg

I need to decide how to handle saving and loading of probe reflections, or whether they should just be re-generated at load time.

• Solution

It seems nothing in the Environment tab doesn't transfer to the game. Some of the options save, others reset to default when you reload the map in the editor.

Fixed.

I removed the fog settings because fog is a per-camera settings and the other stuff is all per-world.

I am not sure how fog and post-effects should be handled yet. Intuitively it seems like they would be set for the world, but I need to determine the rules that are in place for cameras that are created in code and in the scene, and whether cameras should have their own individual settings for these, and how that interacts with the per-map setting.

17 hours ago, Josh said:

Fixed.

I removed the fog settings because fog is a per-camera settings and the other stuff is all per-world.

I am not sure how fog and post-effects should be handled yet. Intuitively it seems like they would be set for the world, but I need to determine the rules that are in place for cameras that are created in code and in the scene, and whether cameras should have their own individual settings for these, and how that interacts with the per-map setting.

I mean, it was the same thing in Leadwerks and although confusing at first, I understood how it worked after a while.

I think the map should store the fog/post effect information and then the end user should be able to apply them in the load function of their component. It might be too much, but that's just a quick idea I had.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Just an idea: 

• rename the Environment group in the root node to World-Settings and remove all settings which are actually belonging to the camera
  • add a new Environment Object (which may be added initially by default, but where you can have multiple Environments in one scene)
  • then there might be 2 options
    1.  add the possibility to link one scene object to a previous defined object (like the add link to file in Visual studio
    2. or add the possibility to specify an existing Environment for each camera. 

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

A small addition to the idea: 

the new Environment-Object should have an option to mark it as the default for the editor. So you can see the settings in the editor

viewrange in the Perspective viewport should be dependent on the camera settings (maybe add an option to specify a camera to the rendering viewport)

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version