Default Texture size is too big again.

reepblue

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Both faces report a scale of 1.0 but textures on new brushes after today's update are twice as big.

image.thumb.png.b6289282080d23a93e3f0623fa6ca7db.png

In the non-updated game, it's normal sized. 

image.thumb.png.666b2ac1d5d4996ea91757abbb73350e.png

The below attached are my dev textures.

Developer.zip

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

In Options > General "Brush Textures per meter" should be set to 400.

400 texels / meter = 1024 texels / 2.56 meters

It was, but I recall making it 200, and then making it 400 again before closing the application. Maybe I re-triggered something? 

Had the editor regenerate the settings file and it works as intended. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

I changed the way brush texture scaling works.

When using the programming API the value set in Face::SetTextureMappingScale is now in units of texels per meter, with a default value of 400.

The brush texture mapping scale in the program options does two things:

• Defines the default scale a new brush's faces uses when it is created. Changing this setting does not change the texture mapping of existing brushes.
  • Provides a conversion factor that is used in the face properties interface, because values like 1.0 and 2.0 are more intuitive than 400 and 800.

The engine library has not been updated with this change yet.

Some changes will still be needed to retain correct texcoords with Leadwerks maps.

All existing Ultra maps will have wrong texture coordinates, but you can reset them by selecting all faces and setting their mapping scale to 1,1.

The align buttons are probably wrong now. seems these are fine

This resolves the problem of using two scale values and puts everything on the right track, while still allowing a user-defined default texel density.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Ok, I guess I'll wait until this is all squared and synced between editor and library. 

I'm not doing any production work when it comes to maps. As long as I can add components to entities I'll be happy for the time being.

• Josh locked this topic