Release Notes

Josh

First build of 0.9.3 is available, with a separate creation mouse tool for creating brushes and entities. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Implemented drag resize of brush outline, before the brush is created. Try it and let me know what you think.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• New object creation interface in toolbar. Everything except the + button works. Also, any objects that require creation parameters will crash.
  • Transparent window effects setting is available in General options
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The little '+' button on the right of the object button now works, and will produce a result similar to what you would see with the Create menu in unity.

• Thanks 1

• Terrain tool will not deselect a terrain unless another terrain is clicked on
  • Added Rename Folder feature in asset browser
  • Added New Material feature in asset browser
  • Added New Folder feature in asset browser
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Added "New Component" dialog (See the little '+' button to the left of the search bar). This makes it about 100x easier to add a new component:
image.png.a403b1e9073596a2f02a622d77f97db5.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Updated some object icons
  • You can now drag files from the asset browser to the console input field and it will paste the file name into the console
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Window titlebar now shows the current project's folder name.
  • Added '+' button on scene browser with object creation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Added component members that can reference other objects in the map. To define a property like this just set its initial value to null in the JSON file:

{
                "name": "target",
                "label": "Target",
                "value": null
            }

The component property will display an interface for selecting any object in the map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Added Map::GetEntity(uuid)
  • Lua interpreter will now load entity component references
  • Added Material:GetHandle(), should only be used in a world render hook
  • Thanks 2

• Editor updated with a few bug fixes
  • If a treeview widget uses both the DRAGANDDROP and the MULTISELECT style, then nodes won't be selected until the left mouse button is released. This is a first step to allow the scene browser tree to have some more needed functionality.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Initial implementation of dragging entities from the scene tree onto an entity field of a component is working. The mouse cursor does not change yet to indicate the treeview node can be dropped onto the field, but it does work.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Dragging an entity from the scene tree to a component property will now show the correct mouse cursor to indicate the item can be dropped.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• C++ components are now using .cpp/.h files instead of a single header. This does not affect your existing projects.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Fixed problem loading glTF files exported from Blender with spaces in name.
  • Other bug fixes.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current build is intended to be the final version of 0.9.3 and will go onto the stable branch soon.

• Thanks 1

• Josh unlocked this topic
  • Josh locked this topic