Release Notes

Josh

• Temporarily removed drag to select area, since it was interfering with some mouse tools.
  • Added terrain texture size field in creation parameters box

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Added right-click on file "Convert File to XXX..." menu item for all converters in asset browser.
  • Added right-click on folder "Batch Conversion" menu item in asset browser.
  • Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• In this build the terrain creation works more like Leadwerks, where it is created by first selecting the terrain tool. You don't have to worry about selecting the terrain to edit it, it just works. Try it and let me know what you think. The way it is stored in the map file has not changed.
  • LOD for orthographic cameras is fixed.

Untitled.png.466b3da1eb85c42c6b5ce3aa2463b83b.png

• Fixed Camera::SetUniform texture overload.
  • Added Camera::SetUniform material overload.
  • Added Camera::SetUniform entity overload.
  • Like 1

• Josh unlocked this topic
  • Asset browser search bar now acts as a filter, includes a drop-down box with some pre-defined file types.
  • Removed grab-object-to-rotate behavior.
  • Like 1

• Josh locked this topic

Changed the way the preview server works. I think this will be more reliable. Currently it is rather slow to generate new thumbnails but I think it will get faster.

Changed the translation tool to use an axis gizmo, like people were asking for. Some backfaces on the gizmo model are currently missing and cannot be picked, and its appearance will improve in future updates.

• Fixed vertex and face tools, which could get weird results that did not align to the current mouse position.
  • Vertex and mouse tools now display the up/down mouse cursor when Alt key is pressed.

For now, I will keep the trenchbroom-style controls for these two tools.

• Drag-to-select-area functionality is back, now plays nicely with all mouse tools.
  • Fixed bad brush picking behavior.
  • Like 1

Drag to select functionality should be 100% accurate now and working correctly.

• Like 1

• Fixed rotation mouse tool acting wrong
  • No longer using SPIR-V for terrain shaders, as there was some inconsistent behavior between the shaders and the compiled binaries.
  • Like 1

• Replaced mouse tool menu items and hotkeys with a single menu item called "Next Tool" that can be activated with Shift + Tab.
  • Vertex mouse tool will now make the selected vertex or edge snap to the nearest grid point.
  • Terrain creation properties changed a little bit.
  • Default terrain scale now set to 1.28, for easy brush alignment.
  • Like 2

Initial implementation of the new foliage system is available. To use it, create a terrain, select the foliage tool, and add a new layer.

• Sync your project to get the new mesh layer shaders.
  • Slope and height constraints currently have no effect.
  • Mesh layers are not yet saved in maps.
  • Collision and ray casting (picking) are not yet implemented.
  • Imposters are not yet implemented.
  • LOD and multiple variations within a layer (sublayers) are supported.
  • Like 1

• Fixed alpha cutoff not working correctly. Requires a shader update, currently only works in editor.
  • Fixed directional lights not casting shadows on brushes in editor.
  • Like 1

• Fixed depth bug with alpha masked materials (requires new shader file)
  • Full build of library and Lua exes. This is the first build that actually supports terrain mesh layer loading from maps. Collision and picking are currently not supported on mesh layers.
  • Like 2

• Shader update improves the default offsets for shadow maps. I think it's good, let me know what you think.
  • Directional lights now have a longer view distance.
  • Upvote 1