Ultra Engine testing

Josh

No, but you can create one label on top of another.

22 hours ago, klepto2 said:

Some minor issues regarding panelstyles and clipping:

I think this is okay for now. There will undoubtedly be a lot of small adjustments that are needed. This should be fixed, but I think it can wait a little bit.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The client application is updated to select the current stable version by default.

A version 1.0.1 was added. This is currently identical to 1.0.0, but will receive new updates., while version 1.0.0 will be frozen as-is.

You can switch to 1.0.0 by uninstalling, selecting the version you want, and then installing. (Just the engine, not the whole client.)

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Some small additions i wanted to test with the current scintilla version:

• how to make autocomplete better than in Leadwerks (it was firstly in there, but then changed to an opt-in feature, due to problems)
  • Line indention
  • Calltips (not even tried them in Leadwerks time)

image.thumb.gif.6f56c8259564da84faa8dbb72d9467bd.gif

• Like 1
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

On 1/7/2023 at 1:15 PM, Josh said:

subclassed the namespaces so UltraRender:: is now UltraEngine::Render::, etc. This won't affect you, but the preprocessor has been updated. In the preprocessor main.cpp file there are two mentions of "UltraCore". These should be changed to UltraEngine::Core:

Back in business since this change. I had a library with the namespace of "Core", and it was causing conflicts.  

Got an app that can load multiple encrypted packages generated by my own package solution. This weekend I'm going to start the UI layer!image.thumb.png.b35ef0756054707dcbd28aea5621771d.png

Josh, is the code here still good? I'm going to need a Text Field that'll only accept alpha-numeric characters for my console, and I was wondering if the code here will still work or if it needs to be updated. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

3 minutes ago, reepblue said:

Josh, is the code here still good? I'm going to need a Text Field that'll only accept alpha-numeric characters for my console, and I was wondering if the code here will still work or if it needs to be updated. 

Should be fine. The GUI system internals haven't really changed at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

Just noticed this, never seen it before.  It was printing the warning every few seconds or so.

This indicates the animation stack is constantly growing in size, like Animate() is being called each frame.

• Thanks 1

If i remember correctly Josh uses the FXAA-Light version of FXAA and not the real nvidia one here. In the light version you can try to alter the 

#define FXAA_SPAN_MAX 8.0

but that might also lead to artifacts. 

I am currently trying to implement the nvidia way, there you can pass more quality options to the function, but it might be a bit slower than the original one.

I will come back later today to let you know what i have till then.

• Thanks 1
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

MSAA is better than FXAA. Unfortunately, Vulkan does not support a 1X multisampled texture, which means a completely separate set of shaders for when a multisampled texture buffer is in use. When I tried to explain the impracticality of this on the Vulkan forum, someone condescendingly gave me a link to a dictionary definition and explained that "multi" means "more than one". 🙄

This is why we don't yet have MSAA.

• Thanks 1

• Josh locked this topic