Framework ? not Framewerk?

Marleys Ghost

I think we're over reacting a little bit here with the framewE/Ork change. LW is going to go through a lot of API change in the near future what with this merge and the integration of LUA and all that, so we might just have to prepare to spend some time performing code change in our project timelines. Personally, I'm fine with that - Its more work but I signed up for clean code and consistency when I bought LW. So change is expected, and I knew that from the start.

Programmer, Modeller

Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.5GHz | GeForce 480 GTX | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Premium x64

Visual Studio 2008 | Photoshop CS3 | Maya 2009

LW is going to go through a lot of API change in the near future what with this merge and the integration of LUA and all that

No, I think we are through any changes that will occur.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I think we're over reacting a little bit here with the framewE/Ork change. LW is going to go through a lot of API change in the near future what with this merge and the integration of LUA and all that, so we might just have to prepare to spend some time performing code change in our project timelines. Personally, I'm fine with that - Its more work but I signed up for clean code and consistency when I bought LW. So change is expected, and I knew that from the start.

you are not a bmax user so it doesn't really affect you concerning the framewErk module... People are just asking why all of sudden did something as arbitrary as wErk get changed? Something other than its not cute anymore as an answer. Its frustrating and annoying when your code wErks just fine one day then the next day it crashes because of some minor update. I don't think its too much that people ask why it was changed.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

you are not a bmax user so it doesn't really affect you concerning the framewErk module... People are just asking why all of sudden did something as arbitrary as wErk get changed? Something other than its not cute anymore as an answer. Its frustrating and annoying when your code wErks just fine one day then the next day it crashes because of some minor update. I don't think its too much that people ask why it was changed.

Which still hasn't been answered. Not That it effects me, as I just got BlitzMax, but that would be annoying for no reason

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T - 16GB RAM - ATI 5870 HD - OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD

76561197984667096.png

I will try in the future not to break any code. It seems like people are pretty comfortable running frequent updates as long as it doesn't break their existing code.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I will try in the future not to break any code. It seems like people are pretty comfortable running frequent updates as long as it doesn't break their existing code.

well, I understand if changes are necessary. But its frustrating when something changes and there really is no explanation or no announcement that this is how you have to do it now.

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Thanks Josh. I'd say a pretty good dictum to follow to keep your customers happy. As macklebee stated most of us understand that sometimes change is inevitable for the good of the product; but it should only be where absolutely necessary if it’s likely to break existing code and broadcast in advance of the update.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I tried Framewek and Framework with BMX, here is result with same scene:

1) Framework - works good

2) Framewerk - crash on fw.Render() - DEBUG output shows: 

~>@$BMXPATH/mod/leadwerks.mod/framewerk.mod/Renderer.bmx<425,4>
~>Local <local>
~>@C:/Documents and Settings/Josh/Desktop/Projects/Engine/Source/Entity.bmx<1832,3>
~>Function SetWorld
~>Local Self:TEntity=$0ad81a30
~>Local world:TWorld=$0acc9d20
~>Local group:TGroup=Null
~>}
~>

Note: looks like crash when [Loading shader "e:/andygfx/agfx_leadwerks_engine_framework/media/shaders/mesh/mesh_shadow.vert", ""...] is loaded, because this line missing and all after this one.

[HW] C2D Q6600, 4GB RAM, NV8800GTX, Vista Ultimate x64

[sW] Blide Plus, BlitzMax, Delphi, C++, 3DWS 5.53, Leadwerks 2.xx

76561197970156808.pngAndyGFX.png

Can I use the mod or not? I can't follow this.

If i create a sinple file with

framework leadwerks.engine
import leadwerks.framewerk

there is this compile error:

C:/BlitzMax/mod/leadwerks.mod/framewerk.mod/framewerk.debug.win32.x86.a(Renderer.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `leadwerks_engine_TagTexture'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/leadwerks.mod/framewerk.mod/framewerk.debug.win32.x86.a(Renderer.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `leadwerks_engine_UPS'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/leadwerks.mod/framewerk.mod/framewerk.debug.win32.x86.a(framewerk.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `leadwerks_engine_UpdateAppTime'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/leadwerks.mod/framewerk.mod/framewerk.debug.win32.x86.a(framewerk.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `leadwerks_engine_AppSpeed'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/leadwerks.mod/framewerk.mod/framewerk.debug.win32.x86.a(framewerk.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `leadwerks_engine_AppSpeed'
Build Error: Failed to link D:\FW Test\fwtest.debug.exe

Core2DuoE6570 / Windows7 64bit / 4 Gb RAM / Geforce GTX 260 896Mb / LE 2.3

Dell Inspiron 1720 / Vista SP2 / C2D 2.4 / 8600 GM