Android Setup Questions

Josh

Hey guys, I'll be around all day to help with any questions you have with getting Android builds for Leadwerks 3 setup. Here are the instructions for Android:

http://www.leadwerks...or-android-r625

Check your purchase in the client area for the link to download the Leadwerks ADT.

I made some major performance optimizations yesterday, and there's still a lot I can do. I'll upload a new build of all the libraries tonight.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I get a build error in ADT

Android NDK: ERROR:C:\Leadwerks\Projects/DarknessAwaits/Projects/Android/jni/Android.mk:leadwerks: LOCAL_SRC_FILES points to a missing file

Android NDK: Check that /Engine/Library/Android/libleadwerks.a exists or that its path is correct

C:/Leadwerks/ADT/ndk/build/core/prebuilt-library.mk:43: *** Android NDK: Aborting . Stop.

It seems $(Leadwerks) isn't set?

Has someone tried to make a project elsewhere ?

like c:\temp

Than with the project manager build the android in some same locations ?

Eclipse don't find any project ?

Strange i will re test tomorow android publishing.

Stop toying and make games

I recommend you start with the Darkness Awaits project and just try to compile that.

Also make sure you have recently run the updater. You should see a folder in your game directory in "(Your game directory)/Projects/Android", along with the Windows and Mac project folders.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Why do we need to pudate the .exe and .debug ?

Should not be to us to compile the game ?

I thaught i could make a game wihtout any C++ only Lua ?

How to do with Darkness Awiats as i don't know if i can make some exe from all Lua scripts without any C++ ?

I don't understand a lot even after reading the manual :)

PErhaps i will have to go full C++ ?

The Leadwerks Updater is the installer you used to install Leadwerks 3. It is available in Client Area > Purchases > Leadwerks 3.

Compiling is not required for Lua games on Windows and Mac. It is required for Android and iOS.

No way, because i deleted DarknessWaits.exe and the .debug, i can't compile ?

compil.jpg

Ok i also deleted some .Exe and .debug from anotehr project i made: tut1

And i couldn't compile or launch anything.

It seems that the .exe and .debug are created at creation of the project and should not be deleted anymore ?

This is the must stragne compilation i ever seen ?

Perhaps it's necessary for LUA ?

Yes i had same problem.

I think i understood for .Exe and .debug :

Lua talks to the .exe and .lua that are the main engine LE3 Files that contains all LE3 rendering and nay other stuff, i think this is the explanation why Lua need .exe and .debug.

Thanks , it was that, it needed the version you posted.

Eclipse can now launch.

But as a problem is resolved another appears :)

[2013-03-04 17:51:47 - testcode1] Android requires compiler compliance level 5.0 or 6.0. Found '1.7' instead. Please use Android Tools > Fix Project Properties.

Strange it should work with JDK .17, i switched the project compiler to JRE 5 or 6 , but it didn't work.

I have just updated LE3 (is there some Android part to update ?)

Well i stop to avoid headhaches, and i'll try another day.

Thanks. I added that file to the installation instructions shown after your order.

I recommend starting with the example Darkness Awaits project and trying to compile that first. Then I would create a new project and try that. It sounds like most people have gotten through the process pretty easily now...you have no idea how difficult it is to set up otherwise.

Yep i know Eclipse setup can be a real mess.

But Eclipse is in some way portable, so if it would contains all files even the JRE on some sub folder, and some shortcut for eclipse.exe pointing to that jre all problems should not appear.

So why not putting in the installation a simple copy and paste of Eclipse and JRE ?