My Light shines through a wall.

Roland

Little problem here.

As you can see in the enclosed image the firepit light shines through the wall of the house.

This scene is loaded in C++ from a sbx-file (where it also shines through the wall).

Possible to avoid this. How?

Thanks

AV MX Linux

I just placed a firepit in a small hut model to check this. In my case the firepit does not show thru the wall . The walls in my hut are pretty thick though and your firepit seems to give off more light than mine.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

have you check if the "cullface = 0" in your wall.mat ?

texture0="abstract::building1.dds"
clamp0=0,0,0
texture1="abstract::urban_building1_nm.dds"
clamp1=0,0,0
blend=0
depthmask=1
depthtest=1
overlay=0
zsort=1
cullface=0
castshadows=1
specular=0.699999988
bumpscale=1.39999998
gloss=0.500000000
shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap.frag"
shadowshader="abstract::mesh_shadow.vert",""

AV MX Linux

Don't think its a bug in the engine. Seems to be something with my building although I cant figure out what.

Here is a complete test scene. There is a wall and a simple building. The wall don't let the light through, The building does.

AV MX Linux

Just loaded the scene, the light does indeed shine through the wall. I think it is the way your model is set up. The light seems to go through both walls. Eather it is the model or the material. The brick walls block the light, so maybe see how that material is different then your house material, and if they are the same and the light still shines through then it is your model.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

Josh already said about "zsort".

If set zsort=0 all works fine.

Have you tested? zsort=0 does not solve the problem here

By the way. What does exactly zsort do?

clamp0=0,0,0
texture1="abstract::building1_nm.dds"
clamp1=0,0,0
blend=0
depthmask=1
depthtest=1
overlay=0
zsort=0
cullface=0
castshadows=1
specular=0.699999988
bumpscale=1.39999998
gloss=0.500000000
shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap.frag"

..if light source has disabled shadows casting, this may happen..

AV MX Linux

Just loaded the scene, the light does indeed shine through the wall. I think it is the way your model is set up. The light seems to go through both walls. Eather it is the model or the material. The brick walls block the light, so maybe see how that material is different then your house material, and if they are the same and the light still shines through then it is your model.

==== WALL
texture0="abstract::stoneblocks08.dds"
clamp0=0,0,0
texture1="abstract::stoneblocks08_normal.dds"
clamp1=0,0,0
blend=0
depthmask=1
depthtest=1
overlay=0
zsort=0
cullface=1
castshadows=1
specular=0.100000001
bumpscale=0.699999988
gloss=0.800000012

==== BUILDING
clamp0=0,0,0
clamp1=0,0,0
blend=0
depthmask=1
depthtest=1
overlay=0
zsort=0
cullface=1
castshadows=1
specular=0.699999988
bumpscale=1.39999998
gloss=0.500000000

This is really strange. It must be the model then, even if I cant see any difference between the stone wall and the wall in the building. The stone wall is made by me. The building is one of Arteria 3D's buildings. But I cant see any difference between the way the are done when loaded into Modo.... or ... there is one difference. The building from Arteria 3D is triangulated, my wall is not. But that would not cause this as I assume that they both comes out triangulated in the end anyway.

AV MX Linux

Yes. I tested. It's strange. It works for me.

post-4702-0-91203300-1334037031_thumb.jpg

May be it depends on videocard or driver...

It's used for transparent objects mostly.

http://www.leadwerks...aterials#Syntax

Aha! So its something like that. I have a GTX 560 Ti with the latest nVidia drivers (must check that ... ).

Anyway. Thanks for testing. Now I know that its something at my end and not some general thing.

AV MX Linux

I don't think this is a driver issue. I do recommend you set cullface to 1. You may be unknowingly looking at a back face and expecting it to cast a shadow, maybe.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I have the same issue with your test files (nvidia 8800, old drivers), but not with the model I converted myself!

-Edit:

Tried again but just replaced your .mat file and the issue was gone

texture0="building1.dds"
shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse.frag"
shadowshader="abstract::mesh_shadow.vert"

clamp0=0,0,0
clamp1=0,0,0
blend=0
depthmask=1
depthtest=1
overlay=0
zsort=0
cullface=0
castshadows=1
specular=0.699999988
bumpscale=1.39999998
gloss=0.500000000

building1.mat's code.Test no problem.

AMD3600+/2GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce 8600 GTS

I3 530/2GB DDR3/GF GT240 DDR5

Thanks a lot guys for your efforts to solve this mystery. Checked and had already the latest nVidia Drivers.

Have tested with both the above mat files with same result. Light shines through the wall.

If I ever find the reason I will tell it here. I will redo the model my self and hopefully this will solve the problem.

I'll let you know. ... Must rush to work now.

AV MX Linux

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe you have two identically named materials in your working directory. LE indeterministically indexes and uses only one of them - probably wrong one, although you correct the other material. The problem is obviously related to zsort = 1 in my opinion. Check if you have identically named resources under your working directory or registered abstract path. Use absolute paths instead of abstract:: .