character problem

cassius

Sometimes my main character in my 3rd person game gets pushed into a wall by enemy character and gets stuck there. Is this because the physics body is not big enough? The character carries a sword which is outside the box body ( or partialy so.)

In my program all the possible collision types are covered.Or is this a weakness in Newton?

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Perhaps the problem can be the sword if it uses collision that is all time enabled ?

Or do you use collision detection for sword only when the character attack and with a ray intersection or with the real sword body mesh ?

You could test, by not putting the sword in the scene to see how things behave that way !

Stop toying and make games

Yeah, it maybe that. its something to do with physics though. I will have another session with phygen and see what I can do. I dont want to make the physics body too big on my characters as sometimes they have to fall off a high point or ledge and if I make the body too wide they hover in mid air before falling.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++