Framewerk

Shard

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Framewerk?

Hey all.

So I just discovered Framewerk and I have to say that I am excited.

It gives me the ability to do a lot more game programming than setup programming although I won't be relying on it solely. I plan to combine it with my own Framework.

Do you have any tips/advice for me?

Also are there any [planned] tutorials for this?

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

Framewerk is basically the most global effect portal to Leadwerks. If you want to combine it with yours, I'd rather suggest you customize it, as the C++ and BMX headers are open-source.

Thanks Lazlo.

Quick question.

Seems like I'm having a little trouble running SSAO.

When updating SSAO, I get the following error

Unhandled exception at 0x10128026 in MyGame-Debug.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000068.

After this piece of code runs:

// Render SSAO image
if( (ssaoenabled) && (ssaostrength>0) )
{
	SetBuffer( blurbuffer[0] );
	TextureFilter( GetColorBuffer(gbuffer), TEXFILTER_SMOOTH );
	DrawEffectSSAO( GetColorBuffer(gbuffer,0), GetDepthBuffer(gbuffer), GetColorBuffer(gbuffer,1) );
	BindTexture( GetColorBuffer( blurbuffer[0],0), 11 ); //<=============================================================Here
}

And breaks to this line:

inline void BindTexture(TTexture texture, int texunit)
{
leBindTexture(texture, texunit);
}

Why is it doing that?

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

At the moment i did not use it. But may be later ill use it to get some fancy screens and a good looking game. I think framewerk is the easiest way to get good looking results, but making a game is a little bit more then postprocessing ;)

cu

Oliver

Windows Vista 64 / Win7 64 | 12GB DDR3 1600 | I7 965 | 2 * 280GTX sli | 2 * 300GB Raptor | 2 * 1.5TB

Framewerk is not only post-processing, but it also provides water with physics, and transparency for windows and other transparent objects. That's quite important for games too. Everyone should use framewerk, else you spend 90% of your time writing your game with things which framewerk already does for you, instead of spending your time on the actual game.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Framewerk definitely makes things easier. I grab the source of Renderer, start reprogramming it, and build upon it for additional post-processing effects, and recently the addition of my clouds. Not to mention, if you poke around in Framewerk often, you'll eventually have a greater grasp at how the engine works with rendering and so forth.

I noticed when I was going through the tutorials, that different effects require very different things to be done at the render stage. This made me wonder if different areas can have only one kind of effect. So am I right in assuming that the framework helps with these issues?

Win 7 Pro 64 bit

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz

GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

4 GB RAM

I noticed when I was going through the tutorials, that different effects require very different things to be done at the render stage. This made me wonder if different areas can have only one kind of effect. So am I right in assuming that the framework helps with these issues?

The tutorials for post processing explain how to do what Framewerk does. In short, use Freamwerk instead. ;)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...