Leadwerks Engine SDK 2.32 now available

Josh

I'm also experiencing some rendering anomalies.

The program: Marleys Ghost's framework example, found here

When loading "tunnels.sbx", 90% of the models will randomly disappear whilst "traveling" around inside the tunnels.

When loading "train.sbx" the train carriages will disappear when still on screen and when you reach leading engine depending on your height above the ground the train line will also disappear.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ (3.0 GHz)

4 GB DDR2 RAM

2 x NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB (SLI 1.0 GB)

Windows XP Pro

I'll pick up some more hardware tomorrow and do extensive Windows 7 testing.

Just letting you know, I'm also getting a rendering issue. I believe this one has something to do with the buffer not being cleared before being draw to (but thats with my limited knowledge of rendering to screen). Maybe something in Framewerk?

Attached is our character reloading in front of a boxcar.

post-26-12735589697949_thumb.jpg

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

please josh when you do win7 testing can you do it with ati graphic card

as you have broken a lot for ati, when 2.31 is fine.

most with editor

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

In the editor, directional and point light's shadow resolution gets reset when I attempt to change it. Plus point light's resolution only goes up to 1024.

Intel Core i7 975 @ 3.33GHz, 6GB ram, GTX 560 Super OC, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

In the editor, directional and point light's shadow resolution gets reset when I attempt to change it.

Fixed.

Plus point light's resolution only goes up to 1024.

That's the maximum supported value.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

well... whatever it is... whenever i try to activate the game mode in the editor, i get the following dialogue box...

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'LoadMesh'

[string "scripts/games/fpscontroller.lua"]:33: in main chunk

and upon hitting the ok button, the editor exits without a trace...

--Mike

Can you please write your system specs in your signature? Thanks!

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Mine is lenovo ThinkPad T61p with nVidia GeForce FX570M which got that error. It's a SM4 card, which is faster than 8600M, but slower than 8800GTS, and of course drivers are updated only once per 3 years like for all laptops. It still has OpenGL 3.2 drivers though. I actually had the idea that it might be due to the number of bones in those models, since those are the only models which crash and they have a lot of bones.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I actually had the idea that it might be due to the number of bones in those models, since those are the only models which crash and they have a lot of bones.

That's correct.

Guest Red Ocktober

Can you please write your system specs in your signature? Thanks!

system specs added to sig... sorry 'bout that... i was so sure i did it a while back ;)

Plus point light's resolution only goes up to 1024.

That's the maximum supported value.

in 2.31 the max resolution available in the editor for the point light is 2048...

in 2.32 beta it was 2048... and i think it's 2048 in the current release too...

at least on my system it is...

--Mike

Yes it was possible to have 2048 resolution in 2.31 :s

Also i have reported it in the bugtracker but the editor dont save the base texture in the .sbx file, so when i use the loadscene command in c++, the base texture is not displayed on my terrain. I hope that you can fix it asap josh i really need this great feature to make my terrain more natural ;)

You guys are going to be the death of me. Josh

Finally got a download to work and everything was updated but like others my maps are very jerky and the release is unusable for me yet. Have gone back to 2.31. ;)

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

Guest Red Ocktober

yup... removed here too... i'd like to see that remain as well if possible...

--Mike

Version 2.32 r2 is available here:

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/files/file/145-leadwerks-engine-sdk-232

The installer file name is LESDK2.32r2.exe.

This one is tested on ATI cards with Windows 7. There was a problem with the way I was uploading matrices to the GPU. This may have affected ATI or some of the budget NVidia cards, even the newer ones.

Guest Red Ocktober

getting it now... will take a look and report initial findings...

oh yeah... thx for the quick redo... i know it must've been a lot of work squashing all the existing issues...

EDIT

download and install went without a hitch...

editor seems more stable... game mode works... oildrum don't work (lua) no property sheets shows up...

light shadow property now limited to 1024...

no texture height control in terrain painter (as mentioned above)...

looks like we got a new baddy to chase around and shoot (crawler)... thx HP...

(still looking)

--Mike

The oildrum problem is caused by having different copies of the model in the tutorials folder. I copied the missing files and am building a new installer.

Guest Red Ocktober

k... no biggee... and no rush... just looking at everything and giving some initial findings...

grass in veg editor when collision is set on, player can't walk thru grass... then when reset collision to off, editor faulted with an exception...

this happens when any change to collision is attempted also happens with trees...

tree collisions just seem to stop working when more elements were added to scene...

found directional light shadow res can go up to 2048... but rest limited... intentionally done ??

exisiting lua script looks like it's working fine... able to load ole hydro scene with all intact (except water)...

will look at programming 2morrow...

(still looking)

--Mike

exisiting lua script looks like it's working fine

I have a simple character that has a script that plays the walk animation for it .. works in 2.31 no probs .. does nothing in 2.32 ... as do quite a few simple scripts.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

I can see my models now only in 10% of the camera rotation. I wish there was a command to disable camera occlusion completely, since OpenGL does it just fine.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

The previous three posts did not provide enough information for me to investigate anything. Everything works fine on all systems and operating systems I tested.

I cannot drag a waterplane into the view, nor can I find any other way to get water in the editor.

Well after restarting the editor, it now works :)

Win7: 3.4GHz i7, 16Gb RAM DDR3, Radeon HD 6970 2048MB