Beta 2.32 update 2

Josh

I recommend performing a clean install in a separate folder from your version 2.31 installation.

• Fixed a few minor problems.
  • Added a few missing files.
  • Not yet verified to work with ATI cards.
  • Editor has debugging for crashes that occur during script execution.

I would like to know about any problems you encounter at this point.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

phygen.exe creates a smaller convex hull phy file (17.2k) than obj2phy.exe (20k), but both phy files are overwritten by the engine and recreated as a collision tree (901k) instead of convex hull.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Still receiving ACCESS_VIOLATION_EXCECPTION when I drag and drop a waterplane.

I really wanna try out those river nodes too.

[Edit] Align roads to terrain created several errors about being unable to find the lua file for roads. After clicking through all the errors the terrain was flattened.

[Edit] River nodes and road nodes connect together causing to render properly.

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

I just updated the Lua system to allow Lua files run from pak files. You can compress models into pak files along with their scripts. You can even compress scripts into pak files. The Abstract:: protocol does not work yet with scripts, and I am not sure if it should at all, due to the confusion this may cause.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I just updated the Lua system to allow Lua files run from pak files. You can compress models into pak files along with their scripts. You can even compress scripts into pak files. The Abstract:: protocol does not work yet with scripts, and I am not sure if it should at all, due to the confusion this may cause.

The waterplane still gives the same error.

The road now draw properly until I click align to terrain, where it gives me Invalid Index(1) as an error message and then flattens the terrain underneath it.

The river nodes create a white rectangle perpendicular to the node connection.

simpleSigPNG.png

www.reikumar.com

The river node entity is not included in the installation. I deleted it earlier.

I don't know what the waterplane error is without further information. It works correctly for me.

The river node entity is not included in the installation. I deleted it earlier.

I don't know what the waterplane error is without further information. It works correctly for me.

I get a Exception_Access_Violation.

And that seems strange, but I still have the river nodes in mine, and as stated, they create a white rectangle.

Edit: Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGyfjG4QnaE

Please ignore the music >_<

simpleSigPNG.png

www.reikumar.com

Guest Red Ocktober

yeah... it is pretty... sorta retro psychodelic...

anyway...

do you get that with a background or a skybox in the scene?

me still get random crashes of the editor when saving scene... editor just exits with no error... trying to reload scene after this occurs sometimes loads nothing... other times loads partial scene...

--Mike

When going near large objects, they disappear completely from view. This bug came with the latest engine.dll, and it worked fine in the previous version from yesterday.

yeah... it is pretty... sorta retro psychodelic...

Just a missing particle material file.

When going near large objects, they disappear completely from view. This bug came with the latest engine.dll, and it worked fine in the previous version from yesterday.

This is an important issue and I would like an example scene so I can reproduce it. The hierarchical rendering is very efficient, but not 100% bug-free.

Here's a demo map which shows the disappearing bug. When you load it into Editor, the camera is positioned so that you don't see the model although it is it front of you, but when you turn the camera you see it again:

longway.rar

just testing the update and found...

-exception_access_violation or crash of program upon creating terrain.

-two river nodes cause crash when you click on the white that's inbetween them.

-adding in Grass cause a exception_access_violation.

these may all be for me but who knows.

Intel®Core™2 Quad Q8200 @2.33GHz 2.34GHz

4GD DDR2 SDRAM AT 800MHZ,GMT

Nvidia Geforce GTS 250, 1GB Vid Mem

Window 7 Professional x64 bit

LE 2.3

Admin account on computer in use

Hello All.,

I am currently a 2.31 owner and have been trying to get the 2.32 beta installed here in a different folder (C:\Leadwerks Engine SDK_Beta)as not to wreck havok on my 2.31 install if problems occur. Problem is that it does not want to do a complete install.,it only seems to install 531 files (clean install is checked in updater),and missing Editor.exe,MaterialEditor.exe,Luac.exe,Scripteditor.exe,and several others,(400 or so).

So it seems it's not fully downloading all the files into my Beta folder, but popup says updater was successfull.

My original 2.31 install went ok with no problems, something like 1000 files.,which is what I am using right now. But i thought I would let you know anyway.,not sure if any others are having problems like this or not.,or if there's something i'm missing here. Anyhoo.,enjoying 2.31. Thanks for a great engine Josh.,Have been learning alot in past couple weeks of using it.

Thanks again,

Glen (Clutch43).

Coming Soon...

funny you missing editor but yes there a lot of file missing at the moment

which will come back later on

your main problem is why you missing the editor as that what the beta has had from the start

please try wh1sp3r's sdk installer and see if that help for you getting the missing editor

unless you going to tested the beta i would not worry for a littel while

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

Great,thanks for reply Carib.,yup not really an issue for me.,just thought i would give it a test and see if anything has changed from 2.31 and maybe help out with any Beta issues. Again thanks for reply, will stick with 2.31 until a stable 2.32 is released. Have a good one.

Coming Soon...