TODO explained

aiaf

This is just a draft, need feedback ideas.

All tasks are located here:

https://bitbucket.org/alexandru_afrasinei/forth/issues?status=new&status=open

All tasks with [Release Version] in the name need to be done for that release.

Create regular topics in this thread will be tasks/bugs and disscusion can happen in them.

In case a bug/task is trivial dont create topic for it.

• Upvote 1

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

Honestly, I don't think it will work so well without using third-party software. You will have at least about 1000 requests. The thread is sorted chronically, and you have at least about 100 - 1000+ requests. Some of them are trivial throughout the project. How will you manage the priority between them? How do you find a plan of what parts of the game to make at what time? And then everyone just does what they want? Because that will lead to >50% of our team going on because the work can be hard and they don't know who they're working with or whether the task is important at the moment. 

I see why this art of communication can be good and it may work , but I don't think in the long-term.

Well , i was thinking each release, that is pinned in this forum, will not have more then 20 30 major tasks.

The hard part is choosing the right task to go in the release.Idea is for us to see small improvements all time.

We should try to keep tasks as independent as possible, but dependencies/priorities will be handled by the people affected talking in discord, or in the task forum.

At anyone time we will see what the others are working on and think on the future of game.

Do the work is important! talk,adapt after in case things went wrong.

Example:

I login and want to pick a task, i write my name and investigate what is needed to be done i look at the last commits, say i discover the task is dependent on Rick finishing something.

Then i talk to Rick , if he finish his stuff fast i can wait or just pick another task that is not related, or i fix a bug, or i think of another way to polish some things.

If we dont communicate when needed and getting involved will be hard.

You may be right i dont know, lets try like this first release , this is a bit more involved but people will understand why we do this and this is important.

if we find problems or needs will switch to trello or whatever else with more features.

• Upvote 1

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

• Josh unpinned this topic