Missing Models/Prefaps

TrollyPolly

The Linux version of Leadwerks does not install correctly. Many of the models are missing, so are all the prefaps. I posted on the steam forums, but my post was blatantly ignored. I thought I would give it another chance and post here. Not that I expect to get any answer, since I have already paid the 93 euro there is no need for anyone to care about this post. After all why would you care that your software is broken ? as long as people buy it, things will work out

I installed leadwerks on the following systems all with the same result

ubuntu 14

ubuntu 15 (twice)

lubuntu 15

I agree, Josh is THE one of the most responsive developers I've seen. Perhaps you should remember posting here as I believe Steam forums are monitored less frequently. This is the right place to ask questions.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Here is the original thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251810/discussions/0/530649887206675397/

If you have multiple projects, and you are loading a map from another project, it is possible you could have missing files, if that project was created from the "blank" template. Did you create more than one project? You can view your created projects with the project manager:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/project-manager-r31

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The only map that seems to run correctly is the Marble game. I am guessing because it has no player prefaps. I can attach the FPS script to a box. Leadwerks will crash saying it miss footstep sound and jump sound. I reinstalled my OS four times. Deleted and downloaded Leadwerks equally many times. I have tried to have only one project and to have multiple projects. Since the files are missing the result is the same

The picture that you posted in the steam forum - is that after you had created a new Project using the 'Advanced First-Person Shooter' template as shown here: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/project-manager-r31

The only project template that has the player model is the 'Advanced First-Person Shooter' template. All other project templates do not have the player and several other models/prefabs/assets.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Please select the File > Project Manager menu item in the main window to open the project manager. This will show all the projects you have created. Switch to the FPS project you created, then try opening the map.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Probably unrelated, but note that linux IS case sensitive. In the past a model i worked on in windows, I opened up the prefab using a hex editor on linux to see why the texture was black. The texture path was saved as upper case in the prefab file, but the same model and path in linux was lower case. I reassociated the texture with the model on linux to solve the problem. I had an upper case path in windows, but the same path was lower case in linux.

• 3 months later...