Several questions about Leadwerk Engine

UltraVox

Hello everyone,

In advance, please forgive my bad English.

I am currently developing a software for Windows. This is a particularly advanced SkyBox generator. I have some questions about Leadwerk Engine.

I'd use Leadwerk Engine to help my users to visualize their skybox in 3D space. The skybox is created by my software. My goal would be to use a single executable (like a game in windowed mode), created by Leadwerk Engine (like a 3D visualizer), by changing only a few parameters related.

Here are my questions :

1/ Does my current LE license allows me to legally distribute an LE executable containing a Map, a Terrain and a Skybox ? I just need to be certain.

2/ Is it technically possible to use one or more Lua files to change Terrain and Skybox ? This to avoid building many executables.

3/ Is it possible to get the password of the data.zip file after publishing the "game" ? A nearly empty map weighs almost 150 MB... Is it possible to remove unnecessary items from this zip file (those that are not important) ? The goal is that all is not 10 times heavier than my application. ;)

I have other questions for later.

I'll wait for your answers...

Thank you all for your help !

UltraVox

There is an option to only include the used files. This will scan all maps and look for file names so if you have a lot of unused files, it won't include them.

The passwords are randomly generated and data cannot be retrieved once it is encrypted. It sounds like you probably don't even need to do this, as your executable just needs the shaders folder to run.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You may use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to create computer games for personal or commercial purpose. You may not use this SOFTWARE PRODUCT to create derivative game engines or game creation software.

Josh, would this be against the license? I guess I haven't heard of anyone making a software application with Leadwerks, but are those allowed? And what do you mean by game creation software?

Josh, would this be against the license? I guess I haven't heard of anyone making a software application with Leadwerks, but are those allowed? And what do you mean by game creation software?

When I read this, I took it as "Don't use our libraries to make something totally different then intended such as a new game engine/tools." I think making tools for your game (e.g An application that's just meant to go in your maps and help generate cubemaps to make life easier) is ok, but taking the libraries and developing a branch engine goes against it. Ether way, if you just want to make games, you should not worry about this.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I don't think the description above is sufficient for me to judge.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thank you all for your responses.

Josh, I do not want to go against your license. If not possible, just tell me. The goal is to see the new skybox in a beautiful 3D space. Naturally, I can use an open-source engine, but having bought a LE license, I asked the question. Do not hesitate to inform me, if I have to forget the idea to make this work with your engine. This is not a problem...

Many thanks,

UltraVox

it is a skybox generator with lots of customization options : Starfield system, Planets, Lights and Flares generators, Special effects, etc, It is on the 6 images of the skybox. It is a work on the pictures, nothing else ... The unique role of your engine would load a landscape (Terrain with my personal textures) and the skybox of the user.

To answer your question, no, the user does not distribute your EXE.

If you wish, I can do 2 things:

1 / Embedded your EXE in mine, but temporarily exported when used.

2 / When your EXE closes, it is instantly destroyed by my app.

Naturally, the "Leadwerks Engine" logo can be displayed during the "game". It is the least of politeness...

Sincerely,

UltraVox