The constructive Linux thread

DerRidda

These are the issues I think are important:

High priority

• Model editor rendering bug has now been reported to Nvidia here.

Medium priority

#2 on that list has just been solved, so two important things remain. I'm awaiting feedback to see what can be done about the first. The third will not be an easy fix, but can probably be done after the release of 3.4.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Scene tab is broken I'm not sure how to proceed with this one, but it is a significant annoyance.

#2 on that list has just been solved, so two important things remain. I'm awaiting feedback to see what can be done about the first. The third will not be an easy fix, but can probably be done after the release of 3.4.

Follow up with marchingcubes maybe, seems like he knows a thing or two about GTK. http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/12018-leadwerks-ui-reloaded/#entry87145

And even if he can't help, he might be able to get you in touch with somebody who could.

Thanks. This is something I am going to work on after the launch of 3.4 next week, along with some general optimizations that I think will also improve Linux performance.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 8 months later...

I just wanted to say "Thanks" for the work you've done to make this work on Linux. I had a few minor issues getting started, but then, I expected as much since I'm on a distro (CRUX) that is not officially supported (and honestly, they were minor things, e.g. Locales being set differently than on Ubuntu and a 32bit package that wasn't readily available (openal-32, I just wrote a port for it and voila).

I'm working through the tutorials now and am having a blast. Thanks again!

GPG: 3694569D | Peppermint OS | i7 | GTX 960 | Github