Website improvements and suggestions

Leo

Hi there, here's a little hello from the designer of this site! As some of you may know, I've been hired by Josh to maintain and improve the main website and the Werkspace, as I already coded and designed the former and the current incarnation of this site.

The work is far from done, as the site is going to be much more dynamic, and I would like to know if there is any tweaking you may want to see, or any feature you may be interested in. Any comment, constructive critic or suggestion is welcome and will be taken into account. ;)

Also, I'm currently working on a slideshow of screenshots showing the potential of Leadwerks Engine on the main page. I'm temporarily using some screenshots from the gallery, which has some great showcasing in it, and I may use many of them, but I encourage anyone who would like to have his image featured on the main page to give it a shot. The features we're 'pimping' are rendering, programming, terrains, physics and vehicles. The images are just going to accompany a brief description of the features, and will not be very big, but it would be nice to see what everyone can come up with.

Good luck with your projects and see you on this space! :)

i think someone else has mentioned this... but is it possible to change the color of links inside the leadwerks wideskin? right now they basically look the same as regular text since they are the same color and have no underline.

btw, the new skin looks great. nice work.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I like the new skin for the website already, so good job.

see this topic: http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/topic/1196-rename-pages-to-tutorials/

I noticed the following/;

when you are in the homepage and you click on products--> Leadwerks engine, you go here http://www.leadwerks.com/engine_index.html.

If you go over community, you can see that the menu 'resources' is twice displayed.

I doubt if many people will notice it, but now you know it. :P

I'm not sure if you work on the forum part, but it would be nice to be able to select the language syntax in the code tags. Something like:
 or [code lang=c++] would be nice.

Sintax highlighting seems to pick up all c and basic like structures, so except for the occasional "elseif" which doesn't get highlighting, it does a pretty good job. To my knowledge there aren't premade plug-ins of this kind, and it would take too much time to write a parser.

@Aggror: thanks, I've updated it.

Sintax highlighting seems to pick up all c and basic like structures, so except for the occasional "elseif" which doesn't get highlighting, it does a pretty good job. To my knowledge there aren't premade plug-ins of this kind, and it would take too much time to write a parser.

The comment tag is generally what makes the code look horrible.

Is this an IP board specific editor? I know of a VERY nice Open source free editor, that has a ton of feature sets, otherwise, if it is IP.board specific, then I guess either would have to globally load a different one, or just stick with this.

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T - 16GB RAM - ATI 5870 HD - OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD

76561197984667096.png

I would like to see the calendar back

the real world is in my head

CPU-Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

CPU Speed 2.40 GHz

RAM 3.5 GB

OS Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600)

Video Card GeForce 8800 GT

Video Card Features-

*Video RAM 512.0 MB

Video RAM 256 MB 512.0 MB

Hardware T&L Yes

Pixel Shader version 3.0

Vertex Shader version 3.0

using:leadwerks2.3,2

[ dreamhead.png

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, Formatting does not work when copying and pasting code when viewing the site with Internet Explorer. I had to install Google Chrome to get it to work.

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

The new homepage content is really nice, perhaps you could/should move the Flash media content just after the "Latest news" box to solve the "hidden hover menu" (unfortunately it's impossibile in the browser rendering to write any HTML/CSS/Javascript content over a flash content, as you can see trying to move your mouse over the menu in the home), or even trying to replace the flash with some jquery implementation (there are some examples of similar boxes on the net).

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

The new homepage content is really nice, perhaps you could/should move the Flash media content just after the "Latest news" box to solve the "hidden hover menu" (unfortunately it's impossibile in the browser rendering to write any HTML/CSS/Javascript content over a flash content, as you can see trying to move your mouse over the menu in the home), or even trying to replace the flash with some jquery implementation (there are some examples of similar boxes on the net).

To say the truth, not only the issue is solvable (by embedding the video with SWFObject, for example), but it has always been addressed... a very recent update (done while I was falling asleep, apparently :lol: ) seems to have changed that. Looking into it now.

Edit: I overlooked a parameter in the last edit of the template, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

The web page is too wide (960px should be max width when using fixed size web pages), and it doesn't even scale in width, but only in height when I use Ctrl-- and +.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■