Locked textures slide when rotating brushes

Olby

Create a CSG brush and texture it with something that has a straight line. Texture locking needs to be in place. When the brush is moved the texture stays in place however as soon as it is rotated the texture slides away. I have had bad experience with this especially in prefabs. Theoretically the texture should lock. Same goes for "shearing" operation.

(animation)

post-4357-0-32585400-1423305355.gif

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Map file attached. I expect all RotatedX objects to retain the locked texture mapping. Same for shearing.

[Edit] It could be related to one of the old texture locking bugs where cylinders had a similar issue (I think it was top and bottom faces that messed up the UV).

texture_lock_rotate_bug.zip

Shearing will never retain the same tex coords, BTW, because the texture mapping does not allow non-orthogonal mapping, i.e. the X and Y mapping axes must be 90 degrees apart.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I noticed with this issue that it works correctly in a couple of instances:

1) no texture rotation on the face and the csg is rotated either by the toolbar/mouse rotation or via the object's property dialog rotation

or

2) a texture rotation on the face and the csg is rotated first by the object's property dialog rotation

After the csg was rotated via the property dialog, I can use the toolbar/mouse rotation to rotate the csg and it seems to work properly. It appears that for some reason when a texture on the face is rotated, the texture is not locked prior to using the toolbar/mouse rotation but it is when you use the object's property panel.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

It seems to work ok if you rotate it in perspective view, which I do most of the time. But when you rotate it in the top view the texture is sliding. If you rotate it in perspective first it seems to lock it so you can then rotate in top view (I think). Will be nice when these texture bugs are all ironed out.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

Ah, you are doing it in the 2D viewport. That is easy to replicate now that I know. The two methods are different bits of code, so this will be an easy fix.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes, its the top 2D view. But the same thing happens in perspective viewport IF a face texture is rotated and you use the toolbar rotation buttons (Y-axis). Manual axis rotation in perspective works as expected.