how do i go about getting leradwerks 2.0 instead of 3.2??

metaldc4life

so is c++ easier to learn than lua because i'm having a hard time learning lua..

http://luatut.com/introduction.html

You can start learning right from your browser ( hit Escape key to test out examples )

Once you done and understood the examples hit the round red lua label to see the table of contents

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Rick is correct about c++ being harder than lua but in the long run c++ is more usefull to know.

Le 3.1 uses a subset of c++ which makes things a lot easier.You don't need to learn the whole language before starting a game.Just learn the basics and then go by the command reference.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Rick is correct about c++ being harder than lua but in the long run c++ is more usefull to know.

Le 3.1 uses a subset of c++ which makes things a lot easier.You don't need to learn the whole language before starting a game.Just learn the basics and then go by the command reference.

Judging by his comments so far I don't believe he can program at all, so learning lua first and getting to grip with concepts such as variables and control structures is properly a good idea.

Then once he feels comfortable with lua and the idea of programming, we show him c/c++ and tell him the horror story of the star that eats memory. wink.png

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

There's been several people here who recently started with no knowledge and are now making some pretty good games. So I think it's definitely doable, and I am trying to make it as easy as possible to get people like you onboard. I hope you find it intuitive and easy to learn.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I don't recommend programming books. Start here:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/script/

Agreed.

I tried books but it wasn't sinking in. I'm more the watch one, do one, teach one, school of learning.

Aggrors video tutorials are a must for those starting out.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/6217-c-lua-and-editor-tutorials/