New to leadwerks...noob question inside

Leon

Hi to all..

I'm new to leadwerks engine (bought last night on steam...great buy!!!) even I create my account some time ago...

I'm an hobbiest and I like to experiment...I like Leadwerks sooo much and I think finally I found my definitive engine to work (I have also an UE4,FPSC subscription, Used unity free for some time, Have licensed scirra construct 2 and multimedia fusion 2 LOL)

I' m having some fun with leadwerks today and maybe I have done a mistake since when I was using material editor I dont know what I pushed on my keyboard and the proprieties bar (shader, textures, information,etc) vanished and now when I double click on one material the material editor only display only the material and not the bar.. I'm searching on the documentation but I cant find nothin to help me...

another question I have is if is there a way to disable the automatic saving since I'm doing the tutorial project and I noticed that even if I not save the tutorial project I modified, it remains modified and I dont want to wast original tutorials

last but not least I want to know if are there some useful scirpt or a lua script library here or on the net where I can take script to use, modify and learn ...

thanks in advance and sorry for my nob question and my bad english...

expect other noob queston LOL

leon

I have also an UE4,FPSC subscription, Used unity free for some time, Have licensed scirra construct 2 and multimedia fusion 2

Good collection laugh.png

another question I have is if is there a way to disable the automatic saving since I'm doing the tutorial project and I noticed that even if I not save the tutorial project I modified, it remains modified and I dont want to wast original tutorials

It's not possible with LE3, when your run or debug a project your level map is saved.

last but not least I want to know if are there some useful scirpt or a lua script library here or on the net where I can take script to use, modify and learn ...

You have many lua tutorials on the Net : Google is your friend. There is many tuts and videos in LE3 site to learn from :

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/videos?showbanner=0

Than most important game mechanics if you dig FPS demo (FPSPlayer.lua, Monster.lua etc ...).

Perhaps you should start with all simple demos Lua code contained in MyGame project step by step.

Stop toying and make games

It's not possible with LE3, when your run or debug a project your level map is saved.

You have many lua tutorials on the Net : Google is your friend. There is many tuts and videos in LE3 siteto learn from , than most important game mechanics if you dig FPS demo (FPSPlayer.lua, Monster.lua etc ...).

Perhaps you should start with all simple demos Lua code contained in MyGame project.

and how I can restore my original tutorial project now???

which are demo lua code in Mygameproject??

nothing about my issue with material editor??

and how I can restore my original tutorial project now???

Once you change things in a level and run the game it is saved. You can onlly re install LE3 to restore them.

which are demo lua code in Mygameproject??

I mean the FPS demo in LE3 : "AI & Events.map" map , it uses many Lua code. You have the other small maps demos in the map folder also to learn from.

nothing about my issue with material editor??

I never had that problem,seems a bug perhaps ? Did you restarted LE3 editor ?

Stop toying and make games

I' m having some fun with leadwerks today and maybe I have done a mistake since when I was using material editor I dont know what I pushed on my keyboard and the proprieties bar (shader, textures, information,etc) vanished and now when I double click on one material the material editor only display only the material and not the bar.. I'm searching on the documentation but I cant find nothin to help me...

I think you just dragged the properties bar so it doesn't show.

Hold your mouse over the right hand side of the window until the drag symbol appears, if you get it just right you will drag it back out.

Elite Cobra Squad

To avoid this problem, load your map then save as mapname2.map ( or whatever you want as long as it's different to the original). Then load this new map and your original is still there if things go wrong.

ok thanks to all..(for the moment LOL) I solved for material editor as josk said..simple dragged the windows to the left and worked..

for maps I'll probabily do as thirsty painter said and save my map with naother name...

today I did make anitything due I was on a friend's marriage...but tomorrw is naother "experiments day" LOL

t