Marine Soldier

dexsoft-games

Dear Friends,

we published new pack: Marine Soldier animated character

marine_banner.jpg

Animated model, 11 animations!, 9800 triangles, 1 weapon, textures in TGA format, ready to use in your 3D work. All animations in one file.

2 Textures: Body (1024x1024) and gun (512x256).

We will work on GMF format soon ;)

More details on: www.dexsoft-games.com

I think it looks OK, it's just the type of clothing which makes it look a bit rounded and stuffed.

But there could be also a looser camouflage clothing, to see how that looks.

Also modern AAA games look quite similar, see for example Arma2, and compare loose vs tight clothes:arma2soldiers.jpg

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

This is basically a re-worked version of their SWAT model (still waiting for my replacement for that by the way DexSoft ;)). If the SWAT model is anything to go by it's quite nice but lacks a lot of the basic animations you would need in a game. This seems to be a general problem with most Indie based model suppliers, a lack of a comprehensive set of good animations. They tend to supply the bare minimum!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Please consider that animations are taking time. If you are willing to pay the money you can get everything.

For example my two animals. I made a request for a freelancer.

At the end I paid 250$ for 4 animation cycles including the two models with skins.

Other guys offering me the same service ranged up to 700$ per animation. Which would make over 2k $ for the stuff....

So its very cheap what the Dexsoft guys offer. But don't exspect AAA quality for this money. ;)

If you like and can give you the name of the freelancer I hired at the end. Its a nice guys workingfast and doing solid work.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

I agree whole heartedly. It was not meant as a criticism of DexSoft, as I do think their assets are very good value for money which is probably why I have bought so many, but as a general statement of fact. Having done some rigging and animation myself I am accutely aware of how time consuming this is and the skills required.

I currently am using placeholder art and animated models (a lot sourced from DexSoft and other similar companies) in order to complete and test my code and produce a working demo and then, if there is any interest, I will be prepared to either team up with good animators or commission work from freelancers as you suggest. I'd welcome the contact details of anyone you could recommend Michael if you'd like to PM me.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Please consider that animations are taking time. If you are willing to pay the money you can get everything.

For example my two animals. I made a request for a freelancer.

At the end I paid 250$ for 4 animation cycles including the two models with skins.

Other guys offering me the same service ranged up to 700$ per animation. Which would make over 2k $ for the stuff....

So its very cheap what the Dexsoft guys offer. But don't exspect AAA quality for this money. ;)

If you like and can give you the name of the freelancer I hired at the end. Its a nice guys workingfast and doing solid work.

Wow. It would be cheaper to just learn how to animate. Even with the little time I have I'd be more inclined to just learn animation. Even if it was crappy at least now you have new skill to work on and someday maybe you can charge 2K for your animations ;)

Wow. It would be cheaper to just learn how to animate.

Believe me Rick it wouldn't. To model and animate to a AAA standard, which I assume Michael is referring to, is beyond the capabilities of most of us. I have had quite a bit of experience recently and I have come to the conclusion that whilst the fundamentals are easily understood to move from that into producing work approaching that quality is a pipe dream for most of us. It's a bit like coding AI, you can get 90% of the way quite easily but the devil is in that last 10%.

I would prefer to work with an animator/ modeller as part of a team but have faced the possibility that I might have to shell out a sizable amount of money in the end to pay someone to do it for me. After all, if someone was to ask us for a sizable chunk of game code, which might take us several months to write, how much would we charge?

yes, or use my motion capture system, lol

Very impressive ... did you train the squirrel too ;)

It would be cheaper to just learn how to animate.

I think I went away very good with the freelancer for 250$. :unsure:

To learn animating takes time too and i prefer to earn money in the meantime on fields I can master and not spending time learning new fields. So it's just a easy calculation.

Take the hourly money you charge on a client and multiply with the hours you need to learn animating.

If it turns out to be more than the freelancer costs, take the freelancer. :blink:

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments