Problems with particle emitter prefab creation.

ChrisV

Hello!

Yesterday i was trying to create a prefab from a particle emitter that animates using spritesheets. The idea is to create dozens of such cool particle fx (as a prefab) and then upload them on the workshop.

However, the prefab creation somehow messes up the animation rendering.

After creating a prefab of the particle emitter, i saved it in the same folder where the media (.mat, .tex) files are for this particle effect. I drag and drop the prefab in the scene, and in the editor, the particle effect animates/renders as expected.

However, when in game mode, i no longer see the animation (frame by frame), but i see the whole spritesheet (not animating).

If you'd like me to upload some files to test out, please say so. Thanks! smile.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

I had same problems with prefabs and particles in the shoot em up Lua kit i made.

Saving a space ship and some particle effects as prefab , in game some didn't started or where not visible.

So i finally made the game without one particle only for player ship.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

Good idea, YouGroove. wink.png

Was going to upload the files, but got too occupied with the wip desert art pack i'm working on. biggrin.png

Not really a demo, but i'll get those files attached asap so that Josh can have a look at the problem.

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking into it a little further to make sure it's nothing my end, but I'm having trouble with emitters and prefabs also, especially if the emitter is the only entity in the prefab.

It seems if I add a csg object as a child to the emitter and save the emitter plays, else it does not.

Like I said i'll test some more and see what I come up with.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

It seems if I add a csg object as a child to the emitter and save the emitter plays, else it does not.

Good to know, TJ! Will test this out asap. Might serve as a temporary solution untill Josh fixes the issue. ;-)