Leadwerks character test..

Sooshi

I have been studying the docs for leadwerks and I am making good progress. I came across the Animation tutorial yesterday and I cant seem to acquire the files needed to do the tutorial. So I have decided today to start working on my own character to do a 3rd person test with Bones and Animation in Leadwerks Engine, called the Militiant....

Militiant.jpg?t=1264544001

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

Thanks Gimpy73, Pixel Perfect, I also want to incorporate an assault rifle into the animation as well, so it will give me a base to practice some raycasting and collisions..

Hey TLD do you use mudbox or zbrush?

Nice work Kevin.

Hey Eternal Crisis this model would be perfect for your game, I havent started making my level for this character to run around in yet (its going to be an underground sewer prison), but im dying to get him running around. Only thing is I wont be able to work on this project again until friday, so much to do at work.

Does it amaze anyone else that people like Kevin aren't already working for a major game company?

Yeah it amazes me :o. Amazing model Kevin! I also can't wait to see him running around in leadwerks :P

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

Does it amaze anyone else that people like Kevin aren't already working for a major game company?

Hey thanks Rick, but I have a buttload to learn :-(

Yeah it amazes me . Amazing model Kevin! I also can't wait to see him running around in leadwerks

Hey thanks bro, I am also itching to get this character inside LeadWerks myself! :P

you really should look over those shoes they look way to square (the sole shape part) and his feet look kinda huge looks great otherwise

The shoes actualy kinda look fine in my opinion, I only wanted to add enough polys to rough out the form and the scale I was intentionally going for. But if the scale makes the character look wacky I might change that. I also still have to normal-map the shoes as well as the vest. Thanks for your critique!

Its coming along slowly because I have been preparing for my Super Bowl party. Saints taking the crown baby :)

Just a short video of his idle animation, His shotgun, and oxygen tank are seperate pieces which will be in the 3rd person demo as well. Decided to do away with the pistol, it looks too babyish for such a mean guy :P

The guy looks great (and so does the shotgun), but I have to agree with the person who posted earlier about the shoes.

I don't think they look right, and they don't match the level of detail of the rest of the character. Other than that; looks great!

Windows 7 64-bit

nVidia 9800M GS

4 GB RAM

Intel Core 2Duo, P8600 @ 2.4GHz

The guy looks great (and so does the shotgun), but I have to agree with the person who posted earlier about the shoes.

I don't think they look right, and they don't match the level of detail of the rest of the character. Other than that; looks great!

yea I think I may fix the shoes before its all said and done. Thanks graytest

;):lol: kinda lame.....but its a WIP :P

anyone have any suggestions beside fixing animations and adding a jump animation?

3rd person

Also, how can I keep a character controller from sliding, I tried adding damping but it doesnt seem to do anything..

Also, how can I keep a character controller from sliding, I tried adding damping but it doesnt seem to do anything..

Try increasing your "maxacceleration" value.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"